𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎.

"THE POPULAR KIDS"

"THE POPULAR KIDS"

To be a human that runs with wolves, you must be the best.

- Unknown -

⇉🜛🜞🜛⇇

Her twenty-four hours were up and the mask fell back on

Her twenty-four hours were up and the mask fell back on. When Lexa had walked into the bullpen that morning, everyone froze. She was wearing a smile on her face as though she hadn't been arrested and had an emotional breakdown over the last three days. Her hands were still bandaged up, but she wouldn't tell anyone why. She had also walked in without Derek, which had become a common sight since it was well known that they were rooming together.

Lexa walked over to her desk and flopped down in her chair with a sigh. She didn't move from that position and didn't speak to anyone. She'd left her hair down for the day since her hands were still sore and the scabs were still fresh. Derek had brushed off every question Elle, JJ, and Penelope asked in regards to their friend's peculiar behavior by telling them to just ask her. They had already tried that.

Derek glanced over at Lexa's desk to see her hunched over a file, her eyes reading it slowly as if trying to rip the words from the page. He took a breath before walking over to grab her a coffee. He grabbed her mug from the cabinets above the counter. He poured her coffee and walked over to her desk. When he set it down, he got a glimpse at a photo in the file she was reading.

It was of a body. A girl who was beaten beyond recognition with her eyes gouged out, blood dripping from her open lips and pale skin lying on the forest floor, her body already mostly decayed. Before he could see anything more, the folder was slammed closed and he locked eyes with the indifferent blonde he'd gone to see.

"Thanks for the coffee, Der," she said simply. Derek wanted to ask about the body in the file, but after seeing the damage she hid not long before, he tucked them away for a different time if ever.

"How are your hands," he asked gently. He remembered that when they'd woken up in her bed after she'd shattered her mirror once her eyes shifted to her wrapped hands.