𝖛𝖎.

"KIDNAPPING"

"KIDNAPPING"

When you spend so long trapped in darkness, you find that darkness begins to stare back.

- Unknown -

⇉🜛🜞🜛⇇

My eyes fluttered open weakly as bright lights overwhelmed my eyes as they started to refocus

My eyes fluttered open weakly as bright lights overwhelmed my eyes as they started to refocus. I blinked dozens of times before everything cleared. The sight I was left with was rather terrifying. I was in a room with four walls, a ceiling, a tile floor, a makeshift bed with a thin mattress on it, and all of it was pristine white. And there was no door. No way out. And no Annabel in sight.

I slowly sat up from the sorry excuse for a bed, trying hard not to let out a noise at the soreness and lead-like weight of my limbs. There was nothing in this room except the walls and the bed. I took the time, once my feet were strong enough to hold my entire weight, to feel every surface in search of a way out. There was nothing that I could find. So I let out my frustration and kicked at the bed for a moment before containing my negative emotions and regaining my composure.

I fell asleep not long after that with my back against the wall and my legs sprawled out in front of me. When I woke up there was a tray of food sitting on the bed. The tray itself was made of styrofoam, but the food looked too good to be true. There was a burger that looked fresh off the grill with everything I liked on it, from the iceberg lettuce to the three pickles with mustard drizzled over them lightly. The fries beside it were cooked to perfection, not burnt, but not soggy wither. The water came in a large styrofoam cup, lacking in a lid and a straw.

The amount of sleep I'd been getting had increased my hunger somehow and I scarfed down every last bite, chugging the liquid without a second thought. Maybe if I'd paid more attention to the subtle aftertaste I wouldn't have done what I did.

The timeline grew fuzzy for what I assumed was only a few hours before I was awoken to the sound of metal clashing. My mind went into overdrive and I began to overthink. When my thoughts calmed, I finally felt the sticky substance that covered my hands and clothes. I looked down to find them stained with too much blood for one to survive the loss of. On the other side of the room was an uncomfortable-looking metal chair. But that wasn't what concerned me the most.