Missed Memories

"Dean?"

The man groaned but attempted to brush off the voice in his head. 

"Dean." The voice was more commanding now.

The light, brown-haired man slowly opened his eyes to see Dodger peering over him. He sat up, yawning. "What?"

"We've arrived at Bobby's house."

Immediately, he stood up and headed for the door and knocked loudly. Dodger sensed his anxiety and took his hand. Dean looked down at his side and saw her pale hand shy away. "Sorry," she muttered. 

Dean looked at her and nodded before Bobby opened the door. "Heya, Bobby."

The grump of a man grinned and pulled Dean into a hug. He hugged Sam before looking at Dodger and Dakota wearily. "Who are these folks?" 

"This is Dodger, my guardian angel," Dean jerked his thumb at Dodger, who smiled. "And this is Dakota, a fellow hunter." Dakota nodded, an anxious smile on her face. 

"We already told them about you," Sam added as the group stepped inside. 

"Well, I'm glad you two boys are opening up your gates of trust a little," Bobby plopped down behind his desk. "So, why are you all here?"

Dean chewed at his lip. "We were hoping to see-"

The four of them turned their heads to the creaking stairs. "Dad?" Dean's heart swelled with joy and fear. "Who's here?"

Bobby smiled knowingly. "Just some old friends. Why don't you come down and say hello?"

"Alright, I'm coming." the velvety voice called. 

A blonde head of hair appeared in the doorway. Striking blue eyes looked at the boys and lit up with excitement. She rushed to Sam's open arms, squealing with delight. "Sammy!"

"Hey there, Boston," Sam rubbed her back, grinning.

She broke the hug to look up at him, tears threatening to pour. Looking at Dean, her tears fell, and her mouth hung agape in disbelief. "D-Dean...?," her voice cracked.

Crying already, Dean swooped her into a hug. She buried her head into his chest with shaking shoulders. He held her head close, rocking back and forth. He hid his face in the crook of her neck as he choked out a sob. "Oh, Dean," she whispered.

Bobby's smile grew and leaned back in his chair. They broke apart, and Boston kissed his forehead. She wiped Dean's tears with the pads of her thumbs and let a grin form across her lips. "Where have you boys been?" She looked between the two of them. 

Dean smiled. "Saving people. Hunting things."

"The family business," Sam finished. 

Boston chuckled and tucked a piece of neck-length hair behind her pierced ear. She pulled them both into another hug. "Why did you come here? My dad told me you were in Connecticut."

Dean glanced at Dodger before stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Being completely honest, I wanted to see you. I was looking at old pictures, and I just; I realized how much I missed you. After Sam left for college, I didn't have anyone to hunt with close to me. I had Bobby and my dad, but they're not the same, you know? I remembered how we used to hunt together and take on all these monsters while Sam was away. I couldn't shake this feeling that I needed to see you again and remind you."

"Remind me?" Boston smiled. "I never forgot, Dean. And I still think about those memories too. I was thinking of going off to find you but, I knew it'd be hard to search for you. Especially since I had just gotten back here to see my dad again."