Man Down. I Repeat, Man Down.

Dean sat alone in the bunker library seven months later, casually flipping through a file. With Boston's help, they'd found the place in Lebanon, Kansas. The girls had gone out for a supply run, and Sam left to take a jog. Castiel decided he'd take a walk, just for fun.

The hunter snapped his attention to the hallway at the sound of a slap and a voice muttering, "Okay, I deserved that."

He snatched his gun from the table before stalking in the direction of the noise. At the doorway, he paused when he heard an unfamilar female voice cussing someone out.

"I thought you died for good, Gabriel!" she hissed.

"Sugar..." Dean heard the archangel's voice say solemnly. "By now you should know I'm too clever to-"

Dean heard a muffled 'umph' and a long silence. There was a shuffle of clothing and Dean listened as his face scrunched up in confusion. "I thought I lost you," the female voice cracked.

"I'm sorry," Gabriel mutterd. Another long silence passed before the patter of quiet feet echoed down the hall. Dean listened as the footsteps got louder and stopped.

"Mama?" A young voice asked softly.

"Hey, baby boy," the girl's voice cooed. "Did you finish eating?" The boy nodded.

"Who's this?" Gabriel asked.

"This," she said softly. "Is your son, Gabriel. Ashton, meet your dad."

Dean's eyes widened as he listened. Since when did Gabriel have a lover he stayed with, the hunter thought. There was more muffled speaking before something the archangel said caught his attention. "You know, it still surprises me today how much you look like your brothers. I guess it's just lucky genetics as a Winchester."

Dean turned the corner with his gun pointed. The girl's body spun around and she whipped a gun out of a holster on her thigh before anyone else could react. Gabriel set down Ashton and stepped in front of the young boy.

"You wanna tell me who you are? Since you're apparently a Winchester," Dean growled.

"Nova Eliza Winchester. And you?"

The hunter's face softened slightly as he replied, "Dean Winchester."

Nova's sea-green eyes searched his face. Dean noticed that Gabriel was right, she looked exactly like a mix between himself and Sam. Mid back, butterscotch brown hair fell in soft curls over her shoulders. He could see an anti-possession tattoo visible on the inside of her right wrist.

A dark beauty mark stood out by her left eye against her warm ivory skin. The only differences were her height and gender. Dean slowly put his gun down on a nearby table, and motioned for Nova to do the same. Keeping her eyes locked on Dean, she pushed her gun pack into the holster.

"How'd you get in here?" He crossed his arms.

"Balthazar told me where to find this place. He told me my grandpa used to live here with the Men Of Letters."

"And your granfather would be?"

"Henry Winchester."

Dean tilted his head to the side, unsure if he could trust her.

Nova sensed this, and sighed. "My...Our dad, John, he didn't want me or whatever. I never knew. I was raised to be a hunter by Balthazar. During a case, I met Gabriel. We got close pretty quickly," she glanced at her brown street hiker boots before meeting her brother's eyes. "After a while, we made it offical offical." She raised her right hand to show a copper wedding band. "Gabriel worked with me on cases until one of them led to his demise. Or so I thought." She looked back at the archangel who smiled apologeticaly.