Simply Fragile

The next few weeks were filled with Dodger slowly recovering and gaining confidence in herself once again. With everyone's help, her recovery was easier done than said. Everyone's help except Castiel's. Recently, Boston had gone off the grid, missing and untraceable. So, while everyone was else was asleep, he left to find her. 

Try as he might, he couldn't track her. Appearing at Bobby's door, he felt angel warding sigils pushing him away. "Boston? Are you in there? It's me, Castiel," he yelled at the door from afar. His eyes darted to the window when he saw the curtains move. The angel could feel that she was inside. He could also sense her pain, and something was wrong. 

Castiel pulled out the phone Dean had gotten him, and attempted to call her; it went to voicemail. Sighing, he tried to call Bobby's home phone. As the voicemail greeting started, Cas hung up again and attempted to call Bobby's phone. Cursing, he shoved his phone back into his pocket. What was going on with her? And why isn't she talking to anyone?

Boston watched Castiel stare at the window for a long moment before disappearing. She let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. Sitting on the couch heavily, the blonde put the bottle back to her chapped lips. Her vision was spinning, but she wasn't in the mood to care. "He's better off without me," she slurred quietly. "I mean, why would anyone want to be with me? I'm just a lonely and wayward girl who still can't get her," she hiccuped. "Who can't get her life together."

"You know, your thoughts are scary, even to me. And I'm Lucifer," the dirty blonde taunted from a seat beside her. She glared at him, and he raised his hands in defense. "You let me in, sweetheart. That little spell you did to get me into you so Sammy could be alright was quite the feat." 

"I did it to save him. He's my family," Boston looked at the floor before returning her attention to him. "Why am I proving my point to you?"

"Beats me. But you know what?" He grinned from ear to ear. "I'm sure you'll sleep amazingly after finding out your little angel boyfriend is looking for you." 

"Shut up."

"Make me."

Stumbling and swaying, Boston made her way to her bedroom. As she tottered upstairs, her heart throbbed with a feeling of guilt. She felt terrible for leaving them, but she told herself, "They're all better off without me."

"You do realize I'm in your head, right? You can't walk away from me as you did to everyone you call your family," Lucifer taunted from the railing. Boston flashed him the finger before continuing up the stairs. 

As a pounding headache washed over her, Boston flopped onto her bed and fell asleep, still dressed. Her mind screamed with Lucifer joking and jeering in her head," Na, Na Na Na Na Na. I'm still here." No matter what she tried, he wouldn't leave her be. 

The following morning, the blonde woke up with a bottle in her hand and a mild headache. Her eyes were dark with exhaustion, and her face was gaunt from malnutrition. Grumbling to herself, she grabbed the bottle of Aspirin on her bedside and swallowed them without water or anything to wash them down. As she sat on the bed, Boston felt her face get hot. Tears began to cascade down her cheeks as she stared at the blank ceiling. The blonde wiped her eyes roughly as they continued to fall from her sunflower blue eyes. 

"Oh boy, here come the waterworks again," Lucifer rolled his eyes from her dresser. 

Swearing under her breath, she bit her lip. Her heart hurt with guilt, loneliness, and confusion. With a shout of rage, she hurled the bottle from her hand across the room and Lucifer flinched. It shattered on contact, and the smell of alcohol filled the room as the honey-brown liquid dripped down the wall. Boston's knees gave out from fatigue, and she fell to the floor, screaming. Her chest heaved, and her shoulders shook. Boston punched the wooden floorboards helplessly as her mind swirled with rage.