11-Thomas' POV

"Tommy?" Said Newt's voice from the phone. Where did Tommy come from? There had only been a couple others who had tried to call Thomas a nickname and usually after they saw the look on Thomas' face they stopped immediately. Teresa was the only one who got away with 'Tom', and that was because she was his sister, she got a pass. But Thomas liked the sound of the nickname coming from Newt's lips. It was nice. Thomas didn't know how explain it. Like he was special to Newt, or at least special enough to get a name separate to what everyone else called Thomas. Was that narcissistic? Probably.
"Is that you?" Thomas felt a pang of guiltiness at Newt's tone of voice. He sounded exhausted.
"Err, yeah, it's Thomas." He said nervously.
Newt then seemed to realise what he had called Thomas.
"Oh Thomas, not T-Tommy, sorry, it just came out, and, you know, it just happened, I'm so so sor-"
"Shut up. It's fine, I like it." Thomas interrupted, a smile tugging on his lips. He liked how he had discovered this side of Newt. More apologetic and sweet and nice. But his other side was good too. More confident and bold. He was perfect. Like he had been tailored to Thomas perfectly, not without flaws, but with flaws that would make Thomas love him even more.
"You do?" Newt asked anxiously. Thomas nodded then realised Newt couldn't see him.
"Yeah. Yeah I do." He half whispered into his mobile. He could almost hear Newt's grin.
Newt cleared his throat. "Hey, where are you? We should speak in person, not over the phone. Plus, I'm broke and phone bills are ever on the rise." He joked. Thomas laughed and got up off the grass to check the sign in front of the park. "Uh, a park called 'Rose Reserve' No idea where it is though."
The reply was quick, unhesitant, like Newt had known exactly what he was going to say and how he was going to say it before the words even left his lips.
"On my way."

Thomas shoved his phone back into his pocket, and run his hands frantically through his messy hair, attempting to neaten himself up even remotely. He failed. Deciding not to let his insecurities get in the way of meeting and getting to know Newt, he gave up. He couldn't believe that an hour ago he was convinced that Newt wasn't interested, and that Newt saw him as a petty fan or stalker. What was even harder to believe was that if someone asked who Newt was that morning he would've had no idea who they were talking about. That was another worry that was shoved into his mind's box of uncertainty. Were they rushing into this? Before that day, Thomas wasn't even interested in dating, boy or girl. Now, in less than twenty-four hours he was in love with the idea of dating a boy he barely knew. And what if that wasn't what Newt was looking for at all? What if he was just interested in friendship? Thomas sighed and laced his fingers together to keep them from pulling his hair out, his eyes at the orange sky, the sun going down. It was so hard to believe that the perfect person for him, all that time, could be found on a train? It couldn't be that easy. There had to be more. Mutual friends, being introduced to each other, slowly falling in love, and finally beginning to date. But Newt and Thomas had skipped all that. Straight to the chase. Thomas remembered, a couple years back, when he had been completely consumed by the idea of having love. Of being loved in return. Of being in a relationship. He had flings with people he barely knew, and when they broke up, he just started dating someone else.
And he had regretted it.
It had taken him a whole year to realise that he had barely known any of the people he had dated, and that he never took the time to see their fears, notice their flaws, really fall in love with them. He had rushed into a relationship with all of them. What if Newt joined that list? What if they hurried dating and skipped all the stages and it ended just as quickly? No. He couldn't let that happen with Newt. He wouldn't let that happen with Newt. Even if they did rush into things, Thomas wouldn't let ther relationship crumble. No way.

Newt was different.

All his worries flew from his mind though when he saw a familiar figure running full pelt towards the entrance to the park grass, a limp easily distinguishable and golden hair shining under the orange sky, with a bag clutched in his hands. Getting up from his position, Thomas ran to meet him, grinning. They met halfway. Newt panted heavily after running, his breaths laboured. The smile faded off Thomas' face.
"Hey, you okay?" He whispered, contemplating whether or not he should offer physical support. Newt nodded, smiling weakly.
"I..I brought Chinese." He said breathlessly, holding up the plastic bag triumphantly, an angel's smile gracing his face, and his eyes soft. Thomas felt his heart pound, and his insides turn to mush, and he knew that there wouldn't be many others that would be able to affect him that way.
Thomas couldn't believe that he'd ever doubted Newt.

Authors Notes:
Hey guys! So I know I promised fluff, and this is sorta fluff. Ish. More is to come. Thanks to everyone leaving nice comments are generally supporting me!
Hope you liked this update.
-@slim_it_shuck_face