cameron

"i told her"

ethan's face light up immediately. he smiled and hugged me. he kissed my face repeatedly making my giggle. i hugged him back. he buried his face in my neck.

"thank you" he said

i smiled lightly. i felt myself tear up. i calmed myself and hugged Ethan tighter. he let go and kissed me. i kissed back.

"when can i meet her"

"this friday maybe. if you're not too busy" i said

"i'll make time" he said

i smiled.
"is it okay if us three go out to eat and then go to a park or something. just something fun. i don't want her to think i'm her boring dad"

i laughed a bit.
"yeah. where do you want to go"

"i'll surprise you" he said

i raised a brow.
"it'll be fun."

"okay" i said. "i was thinking after we get our money from 13 we go on vacation. us 3."

"where?"

"disneyland maybe. cameron has never been there"

"we could take her on her spring break"

i nodded. he smiled and hugged me.
______
"i'm nervous." he said

"me too" i said looking at him.

"do you want me to go with you to pick her up or do i wait here" he was rambling. i walked up to him and gave him a kiss. he relaxed his shoulders.

"i'll be back with cameron" i said

he nodded. i walked to my car and drove off.

"cameron this is your dad, ethan." no that's too formal

"cameron meet your dad"
that sounds stupid

"ethan this your daughter cameron"
he knows who she is

"cami, he's back"
she never met him. i'm beating myself up to tell cameron. i never told her today she was going to meet her dad. i just kind of said we are hanging out this entire afternoon. my time is up for rehearsal as i pulled up to her school. i got out of the car and went to get her as she was next to her teacher waiting. she hugged me and i walked her to my car. she talked about her day and i listened. sounds like she had fun. they played her favorite game in pe. learned about more animals.

i started to get nervous as i parked my car in front of our house. cameron got out of car. i held her backpack as we walked inside. i looked at her and stopped her before she go wash her hands like normal.

"cami. you know i love you" i said

she nodded.
"i love you too" she smiled

"i want you to meet someone" i said

"is it a puppy!" i laughed a bit.