in the stu.

"cause all of my niggas cash motivated"

"Jamell...." my mom called from her room. I had just finished getting ready because I was about to hit the studio with my homies. This session was expensive, so I needed to be on time.

"Yea Ma. What's up?" I replied back as I walked out my room towards hers.

"Can you bring those Doritos off the fridge before you leave?" She asked.

"Yea, I got you." I checked my phone as I walked to the kitchen. I had recieved about 3 text messages. Two from the group chat and one from an unknown number.

Y'all niggas better b ready. I'm on my way! -Enzo

Ight cuz -Zayden

I replied back letting them know I was ready. I'm glad I have my boys with me on this journey to the top man.

Hey Mel.... I miss you. I know seeing each other at the that party last night triggered something because I felt it too. Let me know what's up so we can arrange something because I know you still want alllllll this.. <3 -212-555-3220

Drunk texting again. I should've known it was her. She always plays these games. I tried it with her twice, and after the second time a nigga was done with the bullshit. She consistently lied and hid things from me. The relationship was a disaster in my eyes. It was like we never worked to better ourselves, and I wasn't feeling that. I guess most say that I'm a romantic and a sucker for love, but I wasn't going down that path again. After all, I'm focusing on my music and getting my shit together. Fuck these hoes and run up a sack with my wode's. I heard a honk outside my crib indicating that Zay and Enzo was out there. "Bye Ma Dukes. Love you."

"Love you too baby. Be safe." She told me back. She's been saying that a lot lately considering there has been so many deaths in Gifford, Florida. Man you'll never know when it's your turn, so I've been taking my life more seriously by actually putting action into the dreams I've always wanted to follow.

"Melly, what you got for the stu today?" Enzo inquired after playing some Kodak.

"Shit, something fire. I've been working on this one for awhile, so I know it's going to be hot." I started getting hype off the song. This one tells a story and it's catchy. I just have a gut feeling this is going to blow, and I'm only keeping the ones close to me in the loop, no free clout. After about 30 minutes, we arrived to the studio, Ace Studios, to be exact. We made it about 15 minutes early but that was coo with me because I'd rather be early than late.

We walked in like we were meant to be in this industry, and I was most definitely feeling it. I kept my pace steady because studio time was precious to me more than any female I dealt with. I know my music got me and that's all I needed to be completely honest. "What's up Melly?" My producer questioned while shaking me up.

"Haha nothin' much man. I'm actually trying to make some fire today with the little studio time I have." He nodded like he was messing with my response and I nodded back. We started right away after that. He started playing some beats he put together for me last night, and I was vining with two of them. It was one with a mellow tone with a hard piano and light drums. I was really feeling that one. The second one he had was a slow beat but with with heavy drums. I was most definitely going to use both possibly today if I can get this all done in time. I decided to go with the first beat because I was vining with that one wayyy more. Once I hit the booth, I couldn't control what was going to happen next.

"Ain't get to roll no weed, ain't get to roll no swisher
I was locked up on Christmas ain't get to see my n*
Ain't get to hug my mama, couldn't even give her no kisses..."

I continued singing my heart out. I hopped out the booth after finishing the song to see if I was feeling it. It was coo, but not up to my speed, so I ran it back a couple more times til it was perfect. "Yooo, Melly this jit hittin'," Enzo stated with a geeked tone in his voice. I smirked already knowing it was hittin'.

"Right on bro." I said shaking him up.

"Aye, Melly you got a little more time. Do you want to use the other beat?"

"Hell yea!" I shrieked as I walked back into the booth to make an upbeat song that was going to be another hit. My confidence level when it comes to my music is outrageous like I knew my sh*t was good. No doubt. I was able to make that song the way I wanted after the second run. Too easy. I also finished on time.

"Ight Melly. I'll have these mixed and cleaned up for you in a couple days, so be on the look out." I nodded knowing I could trust his word. Most times he has it done by the next day, but since it's two songs this time might take a little longer.

Later that Day

I rolled up my last blunt of the day. I was feeling hella accomplished from my session earlier, and all I really wanted was this blunt and some good head. Man f*ck that these h*es for the streets, and I want a rider. I sparked my blunt and turned on some cartoons cause that's all a n*gga could really do at the moment. I was home alone, and it was boring as hell. D*mn. I almost sent my ex dm through Instagram, but I stopped myself. I don't care how lonely I ever get I would never relive that chapter in my life. She's the reason I am the way I am, and I'm not even mad about it, but once the right person come along they gone get all this love and good d*ck I have.

I eventually fell asleep after a couple of episodes of Regular Show.