wake me up

Another day. Another day for Josie and she's currently on her way to class. Lizzie right now is swarming over Rafael and Josie is actually doing fine letting her be. Besides, Lizzie had already called the dibs so there's no point chasing after him. Having a crush on him is weird but it will pass. She knows it will.

So right now, she arrived on class and there are already a bunch of other students. The bell had already rung and the professor had arrived and it was around 10 minutes past bell time when Hope arrived.

"I take it that you took your time preparing today Ms. Mikaelson." the professor pointed out and Hope shrugged.
"Oh, you won't believe how much I enjoyed it. But you should really join next time, it's fun." her brows cocked and half of the room laughed.

The professor dismissed Hope, knowing she'll never win an argument while Hope on the other hand made her way to her seat. Other people are seriously still wondering as to why she still had to go to classes, whatever. She's like the smartest person they've ever seen and she doesn't even try. She just spends her time doing what she likes. Besides, going to class isn't really necessary. In fact she's so much more knowledgeable compared to the books of spells and history that they've tackled, letting her create spells of her own which so far, she isn't sharing yet with the world.

Josie felt a crumpled paper that had hit her arm and when she looked at the direction where the paper came from, she didn't really see who threw it but she did see Hope reading a non-academic book. All those knowledge and she's throwing them away.

Josie shook her head while still looking and instantly looked away as Hope caught her staring and watching the latter's movement. Hope smiled, keeping her chuckles to herself and going back to reading.

Josie, once again, being the hard headed witch she is looked at Hope and began watching her again discretely from the corner of her eyes. It was until then that she saw Hope's blank expression to soften. Her gazing going distant and tears started to rim around her eyes.

Luckily, the bell rang signalling the end of the class. Hope immediately got up and walked out. Josie wanting to ask if she's alright followed suit but the girl is nowhere to be found. She still has plenty of time before the next class starts so she started to walk around, finally seeing the girl she was looking for leaving her room and making her way towards the gates of the academy.

She was about to go out when Alaric, Josie's father came into view and stopped Hope from going out. She tried listening to their conversation but she couldn't. Instead, she was shocked when she saw that Alaric nodded and taking his car to drive Hope out from the academy.

Josie couldn't believe that her father is helping Hope with ditching classes. Either disappointed or angry, she didn't really bother differentiating the two and instead she went back to class. Lizzie asked her what's wrong because it's obvious that something is but she decided not to tell Lizzie so that they'd prevent her from having another episode.

She sighed as she once again started listening to their professor that had just arrived.

Afternoon. It was already afternoon and Hope is still not back, giving her the impression that her father isn't as well. Instead, she decided to drop by the library whereas she saw Landon reading something with Rafael. Her curiosity piqued, she made her way to them only to see them reading books about certain legends, myths and folk lore .

"What's that for?" she asked and Landon looked up, finally noticing that Josie had just arrived.
"Ah, this? Just trying to get something so that maybe I can help Hope to see if what else is it that we can do to protect the knife." he explains but never stopped reading.
"Well, my brother thinks that he has this kind of debt that needs to be paid since he lied to Hope about not taking the knife and he is stuck at somewhere so he's looking forward to conversing with Hope to maybe ask." Rafael added and Josie just chuckles. Hiding the idea of Hope being away with their father.