on the other side of the stars

It had been weeks since Hope and Josie have spoken. Neither of them were able to approach the other because Hope had been busy being out of school, helping Alaric take down certain enemies. Enemies that she wants to keep away not only for the safety of the other students but also due to personal matters.

It was until then that it had been announced that there is going to be a party after the talent's show, kind of a formal one but Hope is once again not planning to come. Although she did consider it given the fact that everyone else is participating and that her super squad is convincing her to.

Well for one, Rafael is still thinking of what to do while MG and Caleb have decided to perform a song and dance portion wherein the witches would perform again mainly singing with a little bit of dancing. Hope then is busy helping Alaric out. Or perhaps not ready to talk about Josie's confession yet. Which of which, she's not sure but it's probably both. Or maybe she's just using her business as an excuse.

"Seriously, Hope. You should come." MG says while walking with her along the hallways. Hope is not going to attend class, again. During times like this, other students' wonder why she still goes to school when she clearly doesn't need it.
"Yeah, you totally should." Lizzie says, popping out of nowhere which didn't shock Hope but mesmerized MG.
"Nawp, not my scene. Besides, someone's going to be there." she says, looking at a certain direction wherein Penelope is walking towards Josie who is looking back at the girl.
"You know what? You really should talk to her before that witch snags her out." Lizzie says making MG turn to him.
"What are you guys talking about?"
"Does it even matter, my presence is surely not needed and besides, she will do just fine without me." Hope says in her defense, a little bit flawed or maybe more than just a little bit. But does it really matter?
"So you're just gonna let that devil get the best of her tonight?"
"Is it just tonight?" Hope asks, remembering how Josie and Penelope kissed that night. "And darling, she's just the could-be-devil. My father kind of invented the word so I inherited the rights to be the rightful owner of the title, being the devil herself." Hope says, cocking a brow before turning back, leaving just in time when Josie turned to their direction and seeing her retreating figure.

'Shit.' she said and reprimanded herself because she really curse a lot because of Hope. Well not directly but she's part of the reasons.

Josie looked at Lizzie who shrugged before leaving as well and MG who copied the blonde's actions before following Lizzie.

Lizzie went to her station and began rehearsing for the dance, instructing them on the process of joining along while Josie came to look for her.

"Lizzie, twin emergency. Let's talk." Josie says.
"Not now Jo, I'm kind of occupied here and we're out of time. We need to win this talent show just like we always do." The blonde says with her chin up, her confidence flowing which boosts the group's confidence as well.
"It's an emergency, Lizzie." Josie emphasized, making Lizzie sigh.
"Look, you can't expect someone to come when clearly someone else is still lingering along. If you're in her place, would you try holding on to something which has the tendency to keep slipping away?" Lizzie asks.
"I was slipping away? She's always gone, Lizzie. She's basically MIA most of the time." Josie defended making Lizzie laugh.
"Did you really think that she's doing that solely because of the students' safety? Didn't you ever wonder why she looks at you differently compared to anyone?" Lizzie looked at Josie, "Why did you think she's here? Is she here to see you being hovered over by your crazy ex-girlfriend?" and then she went back to rehearsing.

Josie just stood there. Thinking carefully about what Lizzie just said before she decided to run along and look for Hope which is seriously, really really hard to find when she desperately wants to see her or talk to her.

She made her way to the lake but the girl she's looking for isn't there. She still can't comprehend what Lizzie actually means. She's been talking puzzle since that time that she's been locked with Hope. Starting with the way she sees Hope and how they look at each other and now this. She's not a mind reader and definitely not a maze runner. How is she even supposed to decipher what her sister is trying to say while looking for a person who either is just hard to find or doesn't want to be found. She really isn't sure.