at long last!

Still stuck inside the basement, Lizzie who had warmed up to the young tribrid impossibly fast had fallen asleep did not forget to borrow Hope's jacket because it is freezing. Although Hope had casted a spell to keep them warm, she also can't keep it going. First, she's not eating well so she's quick to run out of strength which is why she would only cast that from time to time.

Second, she doesn't feel cold too easily due to the fact that she's also a werewolf. Besides, she can't just sit there feeling all the warmth and watch Lizzie freeze to death. Specially now that they are starting to get into better terms.

Although she's getting really sleepy, she just couldn't dive into a deep slumber considering that her thoughts are driving her crazy. Thoughts about a certain Saltzman which is by the way on her tracks to find her father because she's worried. Lizzie hasn't shown up since this yesterday afternoon after the classes and it's already seven in the morning.

Alaric stopped reading when Josie stepped inside unannounced. Looking up at his daughter, he wondered what brought her here.

"Where's Lizzie?" Asked Josie. "I haven't seen her since yesterday."
"What? Is she still not back?"
"Back? From where?"
"Remember how I asked you to take care of the kids? I asked her instead to help clean the basement."
"And she agreed?!"
"She's not alone. MG is supposed to be there to help, let's go." Alaric says, getting up fast and walking towards the room of the boy which he believe is supposed to be with Lizzie.

They knocked on the door and it took a while before MG opened it, seriously surprised of the headmaster's sudden visit and his best friend.

"How can I help you Dr. Saltzman?" he asked.
"Where's Lizzie? What time did you finish cleaning?"
"Oh, right! I forgot to tell you that Hope winged in for me. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and Hope saw me so she volunteered to take my place as a thanks for helping her save Josie a while back."

Josie's cheeks flushed, Hope even does that for her now. How incredulous. Although she tried hard to hide away the effect that Hope gave by looking down, pretending as though she's fixing something by the hem of the shirt she's wearing when she realized something.

"Wait. Did just say that Hope went there instead? And Lizzie's there?!" the girl looked at the man who exchanged the same surprised expression she has.
"Oh no." Alaric says and Josie was the first to run towards the place which is by the way, kinda far so she immediately ran out of breathe. Not that she minds and Ric following behind.
"I would like to hear you say that you've seen this coming!" Josie yells while running.
"Don't! I totally didn't!"

Josie cursed. 'Aren't they like killing each other right now?!'. Actually, she had never ran this fast at all until today because aside from the given fact that Lizzie and Hope might actually be killing each other if one hasn't died yet, Josie also doesn't like the idea that Hope might be feeling as if someone's invading her private space. She knows how the girl values that small confinement that she allows herself to have.

They reached the basement soon enough and Alaric gave Josie the spell to undo the magic and as soon as she head the locked doors click, she instantly twisted the door latch and ran inside.

"Lizzie!" called Alaric which is just following Josie who's not silently searching for Hope. And she found them. Cramped on a corner, Lizzie just sleeping on the ground beside Hope who's fallen asleep while sitting. The very simple picture of her sister and Hope together tugged a feeling inside her because she knows that Hope is someone who'd rather stay away and Lizzie is someone who'd rather go to the other side of the world instead of sharing the same space with Hope.

'Are you sharing love interests now too?'

Josie froze as Penelope's words flashed on her mind. She doesn't like how Lizzie and Hope are close to each other, contrast to the man who's relieved because it seems that their night went well which is something that isn't even planned. Alaric walked towards the girls and gently shook Lizzie first and Josie does the same but instead she went for Hope.