• Chapter 1 •

The morning air of dawn was cold each breath someone took was visible which demonstrated that it was around the end of the year, leaves that were once hanging on the branches of trees and bushes, now a beige colour, decorated the floor. But since this was normal people paid no attention to the beauty of nature walking straight past ignorantly.

Minho and Felix entered a classroom, the classroom was around the average size of a usual school room with desks for around two people to sit at. The walls were white with a whiteboard and a smartboard which was connected to the teacher's computer that was on their desk in the far corner. Students were spread across the room sitting on or around their friend's desks talking as if they were in their own world. Some of the conversations were common gossip which was varied from a random party someone threw to what someone saw as they walked into school. Everyone was pleasantly minding their own business before they saw a new kid around 5,3 and the well-known meme expert Felix.

Felix and Minho walked towards an unused desk in the middle of the classroom, which Hyunjin and Felix usually sat at, Minho took a seat next to Felix feeling anxious from the amount of the stares that are given towards the boy. He look around which made people 'awe' at the sight as he looked like a lost kitten.

"Hey Hyunjin!" Felix waved over the tall boy which was beaming at the sight of Minho sat there waving at a familiar face.

"I didn't know you were joining today," Hyunjin laughed as he took a seat from the desk in front sitting opposite to Minho.

"I forgot to mention it to you last dance practice," Minho said as he rubbed the back of neck in embarrassment, Felix smiled at Hyunjin when they made eye contact, telling each other he'll fit in perfectly when people get to know him.

"So Hyun— Who are you?" A boy with black-hair and an undercut said in bewilderment. The boy next to him also looked just as confused, they both stood there awkwardly waiting for an answer.

"This is Lee Minho, he's our dance partner from SDC," Felix said with a grin, "Minho meet Changbin and Jisung, they're are friends," Minho nodded as he looked up at the two smiling.

"Nice to meet you!" The boy smiled as they sat on the desk Hyunjin was seated at, Changbin continued to look at Minho smiling while Jisung giggled.

"This is the first time I've met someone smaller then Changbin, I'm not going to lie, I kinda thought you were Hyunjin's little brother or something," Jisung stated as he felt a sting on his arm. Changbin and Minho both looked at the squirrel-like boy with offended facial expressions before shaking their heads.

"I kinda hate being short, everyone always thinks I'm a twelve year old," Minho said as he put his head on his desk, a little upset.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were self-conscious of it," Jisung said as he stood up quickly. He slowly sat back down when he saw the smile on Minho's face, confusing the group.

"It's fine, so which one are you? Changbin or Jisung?" Minho asked the squirrel boy.

"I'm Jisung, this is Changbin," Jisung said as he gestured towards the other smaller.

By the time Minho finished school the sky was dark, everything lit by a streetlight. "Why is it so dark?" Minho mumbled. The boy was scared, he never walked home before, and he felt unsafe thinking every second there was something behind him. This put the boy on edge.

A bang cane from an alleyway next to the boy. Minho jumped at the sudden noice, which echoed loudly throughout the neighbourhood he was in. Minho froze when as he heard a small cry for help from under a metal bin, the boy slowly walked towards the sound, "If I die it was nice knowing everyone..." he said as he got closer.

As he moved the bin out of the way, eyes met with his, light green ringed with yellow with a slight glow. Minho moves his hands towards it but stopped when the small creature flinched, his mind running in circles.

The cat meowed quietly which caused Minho to stroke it softly, purrs were soon the only noice the boy heard, everything staying quiet as he slowly picked up the grey cat. As he did so, he noticed the cat had hurt itself.

The way back home was quick, Minho's mind being taken off the feeling of being on edge. Every inch of him feeling concerned as he opened the door.

Minho's mum bounced off the sofa but when she saw the small creature scared in his arms she instantly instructed him to put it into the living room.

"Make sure it has water!" She yelled from the kitchen, Minho groaned as he made his way into the kitchen to pour water into a small bowl. He looked over to his left to see his mother, she was searching around for the medical box.

"So like... are you going to call the vet?" Minho asked as his mum put her hand in the air signalling she was busy. The boy rolled his eyes as he went back into the living room to see the grey blob of a cat laying on the sofa sound asleep. Purrs once again filled the air.