Chapter 8

~ 4 Months Later ~

Prim's P.O.V.

I finish making breakfast for Katniss and I. Actually the three of us. My future niece or nephew is joining us as well. Katniss is going to find out later after school. She's so big now. She's adorable none the less. I can feel them kick and move when I touch her stomach. It's weird, but really cool. I sorta want to know the feeling. But I am only thirteen. Almost fourteen. My birthday is next week. Katniss's is this week. May 8th and May 11th. Today is the 5th. Peeta and I have been planning a surprise party for her. She has no idea. Even our Grandma Mags is helping out. Katniss needs this. Gale has been granted parol for good behavior. He gets out at the end of the month. She's been having nightmares, and is developing very bad signs of PTSD. And it worries me. The more stress she gets, the scarier chances for the baby. I don't think she could handle another lose. She's been working from the second her school gets out, till midnight. She is insisting to earn all that money back by herself. I have a job now. Just as at a clothe store. I slip in a bit of my paycheck into the bills. She doesn't know, and I want to keep it a secret. Peeta gives a little too. Katniss is working to get us out of this house. She's been looking on Zillow among other real estate websites. She has a perfect house more close to the city in 12. I like it a lot. We'd get our own rooms and have a big back yard and a really nice everything. I am putting away most of my paycheck to save for the house and everything we want in it. She doesn't mind that I wan to add things for the house. But I don't let her know about me and Peeta paying the bills behind her back.

"Prim, come here. They're at it again." Katniss says with a smile.

I turn the stove to low and let the oatmeal cook. I sit down next to her. She places my hand on her rapidly growing stomach.

"Wow.. they really are." I say and laugh.

"All the time now." She says and sighs with a smile.

"Have you thought of names with Peeta?" I ask.

"Not a whole lot. We haven't been talking because of work and school and life." She says.

"Are you hoping for a girl or a boy?" I ask.

"A boy. But that's what Mom wanted and she ended up with the two of us." She says.

"Maybe you'll get one. Genes might've skipped." I say and smile.

She laughs a little and sighs. She rubs her stomach. "I just hope that they are as perfect as you and Peeta." she says.

"They may, but they'll be more like their Mom. Strong, brave, caring." I say and gently kiss her stomach.

I look up at her and catch her smiling gently down on me. I smile back. The pot on the stove is bubbling and steaming. I go and turn it off quickly. I serve us the two bowls.

"Thanks, Little Duck. Some reason, all I want is oatmeal with brown sugar. And then Peeta's cheese rolls." She says.

"Of course. I like oatmeal better than school breakfast anyways." I say with a smile.

"I have to work again. But only till ten, not midnight. Will you be okay?" She asks.

"I will. Rue and I are going to have the same shift again. Only until eight. I can pick up some things for dinner? Anything you two want?" I ask.

"Nothing I can think of. Or crave at the moment. I'll let you know." She says and laughs a little.

"I'll call you on break and ask again." I say and smile.

My phone vibrates and I pull it out of my pocket. It's a text from Peeta.

PeetaMellark🙂: Hey, Prim. I just got the tickets for the concert for Kat and I.