Chapter 33

~ 2 Weeks Later ~

*WARNING!!! THERE IS SMUTT IN THIS CHAPTER! A GOOD LOT OF IT! BE WARNED! AND BE MATURE!* 

Katniss's P.O.V.

Two more painful long weeks have gone by, and no sign or any news about Ruby. Snow hasn't done anything to us. I don't dare to talk to him. I'd rather wait. Peeta stays with me more, now. HU does too, and they switch turns looking for Ruby, and spending time with Josie, Charlie and I when Peeta goes to school. I feel less pain than I did. It still is there, but I can handle things better. My tears have all subsided, but still have the days. Peeta comes into the kitchen while I feed Josie and Charlie. He has a smile on his face, which makes me smile too. Pain has brought us closer.

'Why are you so smiley?' I ask him as I continue to feed the twins.

'I don't know. Just useful to keep a positive attitude for a while.' He says as he switches the kettle on, 'black or white?'

'Black.' I say as I finish up feeding the twins, 'and why do we have to stay cheerful?'

'Because of you-know-who being kidnapped.' Peeta says to me.

'I know...' I sigh.

He puts his arms around me and rest his heads on my shoulder. He kisses my neck. His mouth was on mine in a matter of seconds. Those soft yet firm lips pressed against my own.

'Wait...' I gasp. 'What about them?'

'Hmm... I think they can play a while.' He says with a smile.

I smile back. We take them out of their high chairs and put them in the play pen in the living room. He brings e back to the kitchen. I sit down at the island. I was glad he had a steady grip on my waist to hold me up because I was sure my knees were going to give out any moment. I already felt lightheaded, blood rushing in my ears and between my thighs. I released another whimper when my clit pulsated in sync with the rhythm of his tongue against mine, and I steadied myself with my hand on his thigh. Peeta pulled me closer between his legs, my pelvis uncomfortably flush against the bar stool, but I refused to complain or ruin the moment; instead, I stood up on my toes for better leverage and hesitantly braced my other hand on his shoulder. He released my hip and cupped my jaw to cradle my face while they kissed, nipping at my lips with his teeth in between flicks of his tongue.

"God, you're so fucking beautiful," he groaned after the kiss, and he tried to pull her closer still before realizing the height obstacle the stool presented.

Breaking the kiss, he grabbed my hips and hefted me up onto the other bar stool behind us, then he reached his hands under the seat and yanked me closer. Dazed, I steadied myself on his forearms while he hooked my knees over his thighs. I blushed when I looked down, realizing I was spread before him. I hoped my arousal hadn't seeped through my underwear and shorts at this point, but I knew I was uncomfortably wet as it was; he had to be aware of it by now.

But he was kissing me again, banishing all of my self-awareness again. His hand was in my hair, on my neck, then sliding down my chest until his palm covered my breast, and I gasped when he squeezed it, kneading it through my flimsy night shirt. My nipple was hard and sensitive, his thumb brushing over it and causing me to buck in my seat. He swallowed my moan, echoing it back to me when he squeezed my breast again, more firmly this time.

"Your tits are perfect," he marveled, panting against my mouth.

My eyes fluttered open to look at him, but his gaze was cast downward as he watched his own hand knead my breast. His words, his actions made my clit throb painfully, and I bit down on my lip in an effort to muffle my labored breathing.