Chapter 32

~Time Skip; 1 Week Later~

Katniss's P.O.V.

The world is black as I cover my ears to block out the screaming coming from somewhere in the darkness encircling me. It's lonely and painful for me since I don't know where the screaming is coming from.

'Katniss! Katniss! Help!' I hear Peeta yell, 'please, help us!'

More screams follow. They're from HU as cries from Ruby, Josie, and Charlie are mixed in with them. It's too much for me to handle...

I wake up in a sweat as Peeta sleeps soundly beside me. Josie and Charlie are still fast asleep. It's only 3 o'clock in the morning. I roll onto my side and pick up my phone, the glare of the screen blinding me. I decide to text George about the nightmare I've just woken up from.

George, you awake?

                                                                                                                          I sure am. What's up, miss lioness?

I had a nightmare and I don't wanna wake up Peeta since it's just gonna worry him a hell of a lot more

                                                                       And I'm the first person you decided to text? I'm flattered.

Sure you are. Being flattered by being woken up by a text at 3AM?

                                                                         Kat, don't worry about it, it's fine. What's the nightmare?

You and the rest of HU, Peeta, Ruby, Josie, and Charlie were being tortured? You were all screaming from being tortured or some shit, idk.

                                                                                                                                                                Wait, wait, wait.

What?

                                                                                                                                       Ruby was in the dream, too?

Yeah. So?

                                     Don't brush it off as nothing. Sleep and I'll talk about it with you later, ok?

 Ok...

George has gone offline 

I put my phone down on the bedside table and try to go back to sleep for a few hours. I'm not successful as I lay awake in the darkness as time passes. I can't get their screams out of my head. I want to know if Ruby is okay. Snow is a terrible man and will do terrible things to those who have done anything to him. But I don't get why he took her. I haven't done anything. Neither has she. She's only 1 years old. My family has done his wishes. Why is he still hurting us? I let out a frustrated sigh and sat up. A bit too quickly. I wince a little. I massage my waist gently. I look down on Peeta. He is still sleeping. I can see the bags under his eyes. Mainly from the new twins, but also from me. My nightmares come so much now. And he's always there. Always. He still has to go to school, that keeps him up too. He's almost close to being done and graduating in May. He's been planning to build a bakery of his own. For me, and our children. And also to remember his family who has been lost. I hate to be hurting him so much. I always hurt everyone I meet. I don't know why so many people are here for me.... It must be why Snow took Ruby. To hurt me...