Chapter 25

~Two months later; Thanksgiving 1 Week Away; 2 Months Left In Katniss's Pregnancy~

Peeta's P.O.V.

"You can stop that now, Kit-Kat." I say in a serious tone, not looking at her where I knew she was in the doorway.

"Stop what?" She asks me, her tone is bordering innocent and seductive.

"Looking at me that way. I'm busy and can't come for you at the moment." I sigh, continuing my brush strokes on the wall.

"But i'm so lonely without you. I woke up and you were gone. This old nursery can wait... I'm the one who needs you. They aren't even here yet." She says in a fake sad tone.

I know this is one of her tactics to get me to 'please her.' She's been so up and down with her hormones. It drives me crazy, but I love her. And I give in to her needs each time. She always wants to be with me. Not letting me leave when I have school. Not wanting me to leave to go get her the things she craves. I love this woman with all my heart, but I'm wearing out. We are all but healed and back to one another. Except for the fact that we can't be. HU is very, very, protective of her now. They push us away from one another at times. Which irritates me since they aren't the one she is married to. She can make her own decisions. I am forgiven. And it is my children she is sheltering inside of her. It irritates her as well, but she deals with it by being with me when we are alone, finally. We get a whole night and a few hours in the morning, then we are seperated. Most of the nights she is up and down, but even so, we are together. Twice as many hormones swirling through her, so I am understanding when she has her bad days.

I turn back to look at her, feeling flushed upon the sight of her. She was fiddling with her braid. The only thing she had on was one of my nicer shirts for school and her bra. She sees me looking her over and grows a smirk. I shake her image out of my brain and focus back on painting. "You can wait, Kat." I say.

"No, I can't. Taking things into my own hand is so boring with one else to join me... Especially with nothing to gaze upon or someone to hear my cries." She sighs.

"I have to finish the nursery before we get caught up in the holiday season, Kit-Kat." I say and wipe off the brush with a cloth.

"Oh, pish posh. All that can wait. I don't know how much longer I can without you, is the problem.. I'm already so.. riled.up." She says and emphasises the syllables in a seductive tone.

'Kat, no. I gotta finish the nursery, I've already told you.' I sigh as I dip my brush in another paint colour and continue painting.

'Pleaaaase?' She practically begs as I go on ignoring her pleas, 'I'll leave you alone if you do!'

I roll my eyes and ignore her as I continue to paint the nursery walls. I can still feel her eyes boring into me as she watches me painting. She must want me to pleasure her if she's willing to watch me paint. I have to get this nursery finished before Thanksgiving and I can't if Katniss keeps distracting me like she is.

'Please?' Katniss pleads with me, 'before HU get here and try to get me away from you?'

I shake my head, 'nope. I'll give you a hug, but that's it, ok?'

She lets out an audible sigh and the creak of floorboards can be heard as she comes over and hugs me as I continue to paint the wall. The paint is a soft baby blue colour and I'm going to do an Ivey-like pattern in a darker blue.

A car pulls up outside. HU is here to separate us once again from one another as they always do. I'm honestly starting to like them less and less as time goes on.

'Ah, fuck. Go enjoy their company while I stay and paint.' I roll my eyes and turn back to my painting.

~