Chapter 26

Peeta's P.O.V.

I pace around the house, waiting on a call from Katniss to tell me where she is and when she's going to return. She's taken Ruby with her wherever she's gone and left without a trace.

'Where is she?' I think to myself.

I check my phone in case I've missed any calls from her. I haven't; all there is is a few angry text messages from Danny and co. yelling at me saying I'm a 'good for nothing skank' who 'deserves to burn in hell' for what I did to Katniss.

Skank. - Danny.

Dude, seriously. You're 37, not a fifteen year old who's pissed at the world.

At least I don't go drinking on my daughter's first birthday, do I?

Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm kinda worrying about Katniss so shut up, would ya?!

What the fuck have you done now, manwhore?

Shut up. I haven't done shit. I woke up this morning and she's gone. Without a trace!

Where'd you hide it?

Where'd I hide what?

Where'd you hide the body?

You're an asshole, you know that?

Yup!

I sigh angrily and put my phone on the counter as I continue to worry about Katniss and Ruby. She wouldn't usually leave without saying something, unless she felt pressured to leave to get away from someone, or people.

FUCK. YOU.

I- what?- Danny

IT'S YOU AND YOUR BAND'S FAULT SHE DISAPPEARED!

Explain to me how it is our fault, would ya?

MAYBE BECAUSE YOU KEPT TAKING HER AWAY FROM ME!

I'm coming over there and you'll wish you never said shit.

Do it then. But I don't think Katniss'd be too pleased to hear that her idols have thrown hands with her husband.

~Danny's P.O.V~

I grumble as I pull on my coat and answer multiple texts from my friends.

So you're saying she's just disappeared with the kid?- Dylan

Apparently. Gonna round the guys up and go round Peeta's place. You coming?

Yup. See ya in a few.

I head out the door and get in my car. I drive, well speed, over to that rat shits house. I get all the things I want to say in my head ready to fire away at him. He's done something to those girls. And I will find out what. If it is the last thing I'll do. My car pulls up just as everyone else does. We get out, slamming the doors behind us. All of us are fuming mad. Which is allowed since our girl is in trouble. Maybe even dead. Along with three children. Two of which aren't even born yet. I don't even bother with using a doorknob. I kick the door open.

"Where the hell are they? What did you do to them, you fucking bastard?! Kill them? Beat them? Send them away? Tell us, now!!" I yell at him.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I. Don't. Know! I woke up and they were gone." He says.

"Bull-fucking-shit!! She wouldn't leave unannounced. She probably couldn't, because you did something before she could get help." Jorel says.

"She doesn't need guard dogs, you know. You guys aren't even married to her. Or the father of our children." He says.