Chapter 9: Caught In A Lie

"Are you telling me the truth, Jungkook? I'm asking because I have a feeling you know something that I don't." I explained, turning towards him. "Yes, I am telling the truth," he replied, "I would never tell you anything that was false." he said, smiling kinda nervously "Kookie, I know your lying...but if you don't want to tell me then you don't have too," I said with a sigh. What are they hiding from me? I trust them, do they not trust me? "Babe don't look so sad. It's not that we don't trust you because we do trust you," I heard RM say softly. "Then, if you trust me, why won't you tell me?" I asked. "Because we all want you to be happy and not worry about it. We want you to be comfortable Talia, and RM loves you very much so don't worry. We are here to protect our hyung's girlfriend from the bad things." Jimin said interrupting. "You guys are acting very strange and confusing, please tell me what is going on." I say, kinda upset.

 Uneasiness passed across all of their faces, which told me they didn't want to say. "Please, I want to know what's going." I explained, tears working into my eyes. After taking a swift glance at other members, RM said: "Well, I suppose it's time I told you what's going on." So, he explained everything that happened, not leaving a single detail untold. After he finished, my mouth was left ajar. "You did WHAT?!?!?!" I screamed in shock. "Talia calm down sweetie and let him explain," Jin said in a motherly tone "KIM SEOKJIN!!! DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN AFTER WHAT WHAT I JUST HEARD WHAT CAME OUT OF MY BOYFRIENDS MOUTH!!!! WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO EXPLAIN JIN?!?!" I yelled angrily, getting up from the table and going to sit on the couch.

  I saw them all follow soon after "Guys, can I talk to Talia alone for a few minutes?" I heard RM ask the others and their footsteps, along with their voices, became very distant and that's when RM started talking again. "Babe listen," he said grabbing my hand but I pulled it away. "I have heard enough Namjoon," I say, about to get up from the couch. But as I do I feel his hands grab my waist and pull me back down. "Please listen to me babe," he said in a sad and low tone. I roll my eyes and tried to get away from him, but his hands were still on my waist, kinda tightly, but not enough to hurt me. "Babe please, let me explain why I did it," he said getting a bit louder with his voice "Namjoon I know why you did it, I'm not stupid. You punched him and all that because you didn't like that he hurt me. That is understandable, but he wouldn't have hurt me anymore if you would've just got my stuff and came back. He still won't hurt me because I am far away from him," I say in irritation and pull his hands away and go to the bathroom and sit in there for a while. I sat on the floor of the bathroom, face in my hands. Why would he do that? I thought. "Babe, please." I hear Namjoon say through the bathroom door. "I don't want to talk." I said, tears slowly falling down my face, "You have done enough damage already." 

Quickly, but softly, he backed away from the door and left. It was only then did I start crying. I cried, thinking of what I had just heard. He's just trying to protect me. I kept thinking, but it didn't help. I just kept crying and crying, letting the tears slide down my cheeks. I must've been in there for a long time when I heard a knock. "Talia, can you please open the door?" a voice that I could recognize as kookies said and I quickly opened the door and almost fell into his arms as he caught me. "Are you ok?" he asked, holding me upright. "N-no I'm not kookie" I say sadly while looking down at my feet "what's wrong? What happened? Do I need to beat someone up?" he started asking all these questions and the last one made me want to cry more "why does everyone want to solve things with violence" I say in frustration while crying "woah, woah, woah I'm sorry Talia that was a touchy subject I am sorry" he says holding me tighter so I wouldn't run away then I saw Namjoon start to walk towards us "JEON JUNGKOOK LET ME GO RIGHT NOW!" I say yelling with tears streaming down my already red and puffy cheeks. "No, you and him need to resolve this problem. Please for me" he said looking at me with puppy eyes and a bunny smile.

 "N-no I can't even look at him right now" I say avoiding both of their gazes. I heard the others running up the stairs "Okay, children why is my dear little girl crying?" Jin said in a motherly tone and grabbing my wrist and pulling me away from kookie and into his warm embrace "shhhh I am here, eomma Jin is here for you" he said patting my head "K-kookie wants me to talk to N-Namjoon" I manage to cry out "Kookie you are supposed to let them work it out themselves you can't force someone to talk to someone when they don't want to she just isn't ready to talk to him yet" he said, scolding both Namjoon and Kookie. "Wow" J-hope said with a slight chuckle "c'mon eomma Jin is gonna go make you some juice" he said pulling me down the stairs and sitting me down on the couch "Jin, you didn't have to protect me, you have known them longer than you have known me, they are like your brothers" I say calming down and wiping my face and Jin brought me a warm towel and juice.

 "Because your important and in a house with all these boys they shouldn't be getting in your business and they are hurting you more by trying to make you talk to him, you should do it when you're ready." he said with a smile. "Thanks eomma Jin." I say with a giggle. "No problem." he said politely and I give him a warm smile and get up off the couch but as I got up J-Hope and Jungkook ran past me knocking me back down to the couch. 

  "Give me my controller Hobi!" Jungkook said angrily "no you need to learn how to share your games" J-Hope said in defence "give it to me right now or I will hit you with my shoe" he said and J-Hope started running "RAPEEEEEEE!!!! KOOKIE IS GONNA RAPE ME WITH A SHOEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPP!!!" J-Hope yelled as he quickly ran into his room and locked the door. Jin rolled his eyes and looked at me "These children, are you okay Talia?" he asked still looking at me "y-yeah I just fell back onto the couch so I am good" I say smiling "I better go get these children to calm down before this situation escalates" he said going up the stairs. I nodded and sat back down on the couch. "Okay children calm down before eomma Jin grounds you" I overheard Jin say "You can't do that we are not children" they both said in sync "Well, I can, because I am the oldest and you act like children, so I shall treat you as children." Jin said which made me giggle a bit and decided to go upstairs to go see their reactions. 

  Kookie just stood there and pouted. "FINE...hyung, I am sorry for yelling at you to give back my controller. It was very childish of me to do so." Kookie said as an apology as forgiveness of his childish behavior earlier. "No, I am also sorry, Kook. I took your controller during the overwatch league. I should've been more considerate of you and your stuff" J-Hope said handing him his controller back. "Now, are y'all actually going to behave?" Jin asked. "Yes, hyung." they both replied at the same time. "Then, you can go now." he said and they both left and I just laughed. "Sorry about that. They can act like kids sometimes." Jin said, turning to me. "It's ok," I replied, "There's nothing for you to worry about." He then chuckled a bit. "Yeah. You are right." he said. We both went back downstairs and into the living room.