We Made It

Oh, God, what I could've become
Don't know why they put all of this on us when we're so young
Done a pretty good job dealing with it all

🌈

"This is a song that I wrote about two years ago, eh maybe a little bit longer so I sat on this one for a while. Ehm, and this song originated as a message between me and the fans and, you know, when we started with the title and that's what we started within the writing process. We had this title and you know, I was asked what it means to me, and to me, we made it was that first moment of the tour show. Ehm, which I've been looking forward to for a long time, and me fans have been really patient. So I was kind of thinking about that, visualizing that and that fun we might have as a collective."

God, he's so full of shit. Another song about the fans? Yeah, well it can be about that as well. Truthfully, it is about his hopes and dreams. That he and Harry finally would make it together. A guy can dream, can't he?

"This ehm, was one of those sessions when it was definitely ehm, comfortable and natural, obviously done a lot of work with Julie and John and eh, the One direction days so we were kind of trying to write in a bit of the extension of that with the fans in mind ehm, with the message and the sound."

Well if the fans won't get confused from that explanation he doesn't know what would. Maybe he should have just said that it was about his girlfriend? That would have made more sense. Especially after his management made him change one of the lines so it would fit her better. That line was shit.
'Meet you at your uni', cheap drinks
Drink 'em all night'. Like he had any time to hang out at Eleanor's university when they were constantly touring with the band.

This song is about him and Harry, who else? Remembering the first time they met, kissed, fell in love. How the adults around them (not their families of course) always said that it was just a fling that would pass. That they were too young to even know what love is.

They had shared a bunk bed in the x-factor house and stayed up late to whisper things to each other they hadn't told anyone before.

They had made it, just not together as a couple. They had become the biggest boyband in the world. It's crazy to think about. Harry has really made it as a solo artist as well. Louis thinks his first album is so good. He even got to do a movie. Louis is so fucking proud of everything Harry has accomplished so far. There's nothing that gorgeous, wonderful man can't do. He's a force of nature.

He has also made it at a personal level. He managed to get out of his drug addiction. He has no fucking clue how he did it and he needed a lot of help. He has found himself again. He got lost somewhere along the way but he finally feels good about himself. Maybe he's not such a bad person after all? He tries to give back every day to his fans, family, and friends because he's lucky to be alive. Treat people with kindness is Harry's motto and he tries to honor that.