Fearless

Tell me the truth
Tell me, do you still remember feeling young
Strong enough to get it wrong
In front of all these people?

🌈

Louis ponders about what to say. Fearless is once again about Harry and how he sparkled with bravery at a young age when it came to the two of them and how he wishes he could bring that back in him. He's still fearless and brave in a way. He doesn't seem to care about what people think of him anymore. Louis remembers a time where he had to encourage a young boy to get his nails painted. Harry had come a long way from that and he was so proud of the man he has become. Harry is such a beautiful person inside and out. He just wants to bring back that innocent, carefree, happy Harry. He wants to be the reason he smiles. He gets ready to talk in front of the camera again.

"This song made sense to me because of, kind of the age I am at the moment and naturally life gets a lot more serious. And I think sometimes some people need to remember what it feels like to be young and that was the kind of concept with this song."

Greg cuts and Louis collects himself for a second before he continues.

"And you know, it's the idea of seeing that spark in someone's eye when they're young, and then as they get a bit older and life gets a bit more serious, you know, it starts to die down. So it's just kind of encouraging, you know, youth and a little bit of reckless."

Well, that's the truth. Louis is glad that he can be truthful in some of the songs. He really poured his heart out in the lyrics of every song but it is another thing to talk about them and what they all mean to him. Maybe it was his turn to be a little bit fearless now? Well, it's not gonna happen in this track by track, that's for sure.

Harry wrote a song for him once back in the One Direction days called If I could fly. It was back in 2015 when they had been an utter mess. Harry had kissed someone else, they broke up and Louis snorted coke and slept around. Then Harry wrote that song. Louis had been too hurt and angry and to be honest, too high, to even try and comprehend what Harry was trying to say in that song. He has listened to it many times since then and he gets it now. Today he would also give up everything in a heartbeat if that means that he can be with Harry because, at the end of the day, love is the only thing that matters. Harry is the only thing that matters.

Sometimes Louis wonders if he's really still in love with him or if it's more of an old habit, like he is in love with the memory of Harry and what they used to have. But then he just has to see a picture of him or hear his voice and his heart skips a beat and his stomach flutters. No, this is definitely love and he got it bad.

They tried and failed so many times in the past. They had even tried one last time after the band went on a hiatus but there were too much baggage and too much damage. They didn't want to break up but they did anyway, in a hotel room in New York. Then his mum got sick and Harry had tried to be there for him, bless his heart. But it also made him lose him for good. Harry had finally had enough. He didn't blame him. He had actually done him a favor. Losing his mum and his sister has been absolutely devastating. Losing Harry had been another level of heartbreak. That was what finally made him put his act together.

When he finally realized that this was it, Harry wouldn't come back to him again he had a life crisis like he never had before but it was only then he started to work hard to become the man he is today. A man worthy of Harry's love. Maybe someday he would get the chance to show him that.