Chapter 1: Paparazzi

The flashing lights of cameras were blinding, Noah put his hand in front of his face trying to block out the screaming and people grabbing at him like children trying to grab the last piece of candy. Being the quarterback and team captain of the LA Rogers wasn't always easy, Noah loved the fame and all the love and attention he got but on nights like this, is when it gets hard for him. 

"Noah!.... Noah!..." one of the reporters yelled "... how do you feel about Saturday's game? Is the team ready for action or do you think the team needs more practice?" Noah stopped and thought for a minute "No comment" was all he said, not because he didn't think the team wasn't ready, he just wasn't in the mood for paparazzi tonight.

He continued struggling through the ocean of reporters to reach his car. Every step he took made him more angry and frustrated, this is how it was where ever he went, he had no more freedom. Suddenly a hand grabbed his shoulder aggressively and Noah had an outburst of rage like a volcano that waited to long to erupt, Noah threw a hard punch at the reporter that grabbed his shoulder. The reporter was a young male, around the age of 26, he went flying backwards from the punch and cupped his cheek as he laid on the floor.

Noah suddenly realized what he has done as all the screaming, yelling and flashing of lights increased. He rushed towards his car got in and drove, not caring about the consequences he's going to have to face in the morning, he just wants to go home.

~~~

Noah laid on his bed not having any energy for the day. He picked up his phone, 6 missed calls from his manager stared back at him. He knew he shouldn't have punched the guy but he wished people could see it from his perspective. He called his manager, "Noah! Do you know how many times I've tried to call you?!" Noah held the phone away from his ear. "I know I'm sorry, I just woke up." Noah sat up in his bed listening to his manager rant on. "What happend last night and how do you expect me to fix this?! You broke the guy's nose!" Noah didn't have anything to say. "You need to get your act together. I'm calling the press and setting up a meeting for you to apologize."

Noah felt the rage inside of him. "No! You know what,  I just need a break! I'm not apologizing for defending myself! I'm done with this, I'm taking a break and thats it!" Noah slammed the phone on the table. He fell back onto his bed, running his hands over his face and through his hair.

Noah finally got the strength to get up and walk to the kitchen to get some breakfast. Standing and waiting for his bread to toast he noticed a picture on the shelf, the sunlight is falling on it perfectly like the universe is trying to tell him something. He walks closer and picks it up , he looks at the two happy young boys in the picture, thinking to himself how he was one of those happy boys once, suddenly he felt a sadness wash over him. He then looks at the middel aged man standing next to them, his uncle Johnny.

He suddenly realized how much he missed his uncle, after high school his career kicked off and he hasn't seen his uncle since. Now is the perfect time to visit his uncle and aunt on their ranch. That was the place the photo was taken and where that happy young boy loved to spend time.

Noah picked up his phone dialing his uncle's number. "Hello?" Noah recognized his uncle's voice. "Hi uncle Johnny. It's Noah." He heard a rumble "Alex stop! Give me a second!" Noah was confused. "Can I help you?" His uncle asked. "Well I thought I might come visit you next week?" Again Noah heard rumbling. "Alex wait outside!" Noah tried again "Is that okay?" He said hesitantly. "Yes just come!" His uncle sounded busy. "Okay, I'll see you then." Noah ended the call, putting the phone back on the table not sure what just happened and if his uncle really wants him to go and visit but he brushed it off and went back to making his breakfast.

~~~

Noah packed the last of his things in his bag. He already had about 20 missed calls from his manager. Noah switched off his phone, walking to the door. There was a knock and he stopped dead in his tracks. He knew who was outside. He opened the door. His manager pushed him out of the way and enterde his house. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" His manager shouted. "I've called you a thousand times. You can't just disappear, people are.." he cut himself off looking at the bag in Noah's hand. "Where do you think you're going?!" Noah pushed past him. "I'm leaving and no, I don't know when I'll be back so don't bother me with a thousand calls." His manager was stunned.

Noah got into his car and started it. His manager was still ranting on his door step but Noah couldn't be bothered less. He felt a relieve being able to just leave this behind for a while and relax in the beautiful country side .