Chapter 12: Close call

"So... did you two enjoy your ride today?" Johnny said as he poked his steak with the fork. Emily looked at Noah with a small smile "Ummm... Yes, we really had a good time." She had a big smile on her face. Noah gave out a quite chuckle "It was really something..." Johnny's eyes travel between the two of them "So where did you two go to during the storm because you were certainly not here..." Noah cleared his throat before answering his uncle "We... ummm... we went to that cabin you have..." "Oh really... and what did you do there?" Johnny questioned them.

Emily could feel her heart start to race so she just looked down not wanting to make eye contact with Johnny because he can tell when she's lying to him, she nervously played with her food as she tried to think of something to say but Noah already stared telling the story. "Well when we got there we dried off with the towels and then just sat on the couch talking about shit..." He sent emily a bright smile. Johnny just shook his head and went back to eating. "Of corse they had a good time..." Liam scoffed under his breath, Johnny turned his head to Liam "What was that?" Liam just shook his head "Nothing... don't worry about it."

After dinner everyone went to their rooms and started getting ready for bed. Emily heard a soft knock at her door before it opened to reveal Noah standing there. He closed the door and walked towards her, he cupped her face in his hands and started kissing her passionately. Emily smiled into the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck, he picked her up and gently placed her on the bed.

Noah smiled as he stoped kissing her and he had a devilish look in his eyes. Emily gave him a confused look and and before she could ask him he started tickling her. "No! Noah stop!!! Please!!" Emily couldn't keep her laugh at bay.

Noah didn't stop, he kept tickling her and suddenly there was a knock at the door. Noah quickly threw himself off the bed and crawled under it. Emily sat up, running her fingers through her hair just to make it look a bit neater. "Yes...?" She said still trying to make herself look normal.

The door opened and Lima walked in sitting down next to Emily. "Em.... what are you doing?" He asked with a sigh as Emily felt her heart being to race. "Wh-what are you taking about Liam?" "Em... I see the way you look at him and your just going to forget what we are?" Emily scoffed as his comment "Liam you and I broke up, long ago, our relationship was toxic, we never stopped fighting and you have no right telling me who I'm allowed to date." Liam sighed as he got up from the bed "Emily, he's a football player he's going to break your heart." "Oh and what Liam, you didn't?" 

Liam just stayed quiet "You don't know what's going on so stop make assumptions because nothing is going on between Noah and I." She said pushing him out of her room and shutting the door.

Noah slowly came out from under the be with a confused look on his face. "Were you and Liam in a relationship?" "Noah... yes but that was long ago." She stepped towards him cupping his cheeks in her hands. "Oh well why didn't you tell me." Emily could sense a bit off annoyance in his tone "I... I just didn't think that it was important." "But do you still have feelings for him?"

Emily took her hand off his cheeks and wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her chin on his chest and looking up at him. "The only person I have feelings for is you Centineo." Noah put his arms around her pulling her closer to him. "Oh really? I thought there was nothing going on between us?" He joked and Emily giggled." You know very well that there is something going on between us." Emily stood on the tips of her toes, reaching up and pecking his lips.  As she pulled away Noah kissed her back more passionately. The laid down on her bed drifting off in each other's arms.

~~~

Noah rolled over seeing Emily lying next to him. He kissed her cheek lightly to wake her up. She gave a small groan frowning. He got on top of her, kissing her again. "What are you doing?" She said with a raspy voice. "Waking you up." He showered her face with kisses. Emily giggled, cupping his face in her hands. She placed her lips against his, kissing him, feeling his body heat on her.

The door burst open as Alex ran into the room. Their heads shot up, looking at him shocked. He put his hands over his eyes. "I didn't see anything." He said feeling his way out the room. Noah jumped of Emily, grabbing Alex, pulling him back into the room. "We were just sleeping." He said, crouching down to his level. Emily sat up as they looked at each other, not knowing what to do.

"Here." Noah said pulling his wallet out of his jeans pocket. He took out a ten dollar bill, handing it to Alex. "Don't tell anybody about this." Alex smiled taking the money. "I didn't see anything." He grinned walking out the room. Noah fell back on the bed, giving a relieved sigh. Emily smiled laying her head next to his. "You think this is funny?" He asked giving her a quick kiss.

Noah walked out the room to get dressed. He exited the room just as Liam wanted to walk in. He gave him a confused look, closing the door behind him. "Oh, is that how it is then?" Liam asked sarcastically. "What are you talking about?" Noah asked not feeling like fighting with him. "Can't you just leave one girl that you meet alone or do you have to sleep with every one of them?" He asked angry. "Excuse me?!" Noah was flabbergasted. "She isn't like one of tour whores so why don't you just leave her alone instead of breaking her heart." Liam shoved Noah, looking for a fight.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about." Noah grabbed Liam by his shirt, gritting his teeth with anger. "Breakfast!" Ellie shouted from downstairs. Noah let Liam go, pushing past him, walkin down the stairs.

His heart stopped when he saw Alex sitting at the table with his ten dollars displayed proudly. "Good morning." He said to his aunt and uncle who were already sitting at the table. "Morning Noah." Ellie said, smiling. Johnny looked at Alex then at Ellie. "Did you give him money?" He asked. Ellie looked at the ten dollars and shrugged. "No, it wasn't me."

"It was me." Noah cleared his throat. They looked at him surprised. "I've missed nearly everyone of his birthdays. I feel guilty." He made up an excuse. "Oh you didn't need to do that, Noah." Ellie gave him a small smile. "Go put it away, before you lose it." Johnny said to a still smiling Alex.