Chapter 17: Far Away

"How's she doing?" Johnny asked Ellie later that day. "She's okay. Just nauseous. Something she ate."

Emily sat upstairs looking at the pregnancy test Ellie bought her earlier. She felt anxious and didn't know if she should be happy or distraught. She took the test. It said to wait 3 to 5 minutes. Her heart raced. She sat down on her bed and waited.

She heard a knock on her door and before she could answer Liam came into her room. She quickly grabbed the pregnancy test and hid it under her pillows. "How are you feeling?" He sat next to her. "I'm okay. It was probably just something I ate." She gave him a small smile. "There's something I have to tell you." He turned to look her in the eyes. "I wish I didn't have to be the one to tell you but if I don't no one will." Emily looked worried. "I went to Noah's place before I came here and um... he was with this girl. I don't know what happened but she came out of his room wearing only her underwear."

Emily felt sick to her stomach. She didn't want to believe it. "I'm so sorry, Em. You didn't deserve this." Emily shook her head in denial. "It can't be. He wouldn't." Liam took her hands in his. "He's a famous football player. Girls are practically throwing themselves at him. And maybe that's just his weakness." There was a moment of silence. "I'll leave you alone. Just remember you can always talk to me." Liam left her room. Emily's hands shook as she got the pregnancy test from under the pillow.

Her whole body started shaking as she cried.She laid down and held her pillow crying until she was asleep.

***

Noah read Emily's text. His world shattered. How could he have been so stupid. He hated himself for hurting her like this. He tried calling her but the phone didn't even ring.

"Guess what!" Mícheál came into the house. "Don't you knock anymore?" Mícheál rushed over to Noah clearly excited about something. "You my friend are on your way to Italy!" He nearly shouted. Noah was confused. "What?" Noah sat up. "The Italian Football League." Mícheál gave Noah his phone to show him the e-mail. "They want you." Noah frowned. "I have a team."
"Your coach agreed that this would be the  best thing for you to do. It'll bring you so many opportunities." Noah gave back Mícheál's phone. "I'm not doing that." Noah sat back. "I'm afraid you don't have a choice. They already deposited your money."

Noah was outraged. "You can't do that. I have to give my consent first!" He started pacing the kitchen. "And you will, once you see how much they're giving you." Noah didn't know what to say. Emily doesn't want him anymore anyway. But he needed to make things right before he left. "I need to go back to the ranch first."

Mícheál shook his head. "There's no time. They want you on that plane tomorrow night." Noah's jaw dropped. "Are you out of your fucking mind!"
"Calm down. I've organized everything with everyone." Noah sat down. "You just pack your things." Mícheál made another call and went into the other room.

***

Emily woke up feeling sick again. She looked at her phone and tried calling Noah. It went straight to voicemail. "Noah, I'm pregnant. I need you. Please call me." She started crying again. She went downstairs not even bothering to change out of her pajamas. "Oh honey..." Ellie took Emily into her arms and hugged her tight. "Are you still feeling sick?" Johnny asked looking at her concerned. "I need to talk to you." Emily's hands shook and she was an emotional wreck. "Before those two come downstairs." She added.

They sat down. Emily's heart raced. She couldn't look at them. "I'm pregnant." She said looking down at her hands. Everyone was quiet for a moment when Ellie stood up and walked to Emily sitting down next to her holding her hand. "We'll get through this."

Johnny was quiet. Emily glanced at him. "Are you not going to say anything?" He shook his head. "Does Noah know?" Was all he asked. Emily sniffed. "I couldn't reach him but I left him a message." Johnny took a deep breath. "Of course you can't fucking reach him. He probably had a feeling this was going to happen." Ellie looked at Johnny sternly. "You don't know that."
"I'm sorry." Emily said before getting up and walking upstairs. Johnny and Ellie sat quietly, looking at each other.

***
"...Please call me." Mícheál listened to the message before deleting it and blocking Emily's number. "I think that's all I need." Noah gathered the last of his things ready for his flight to Italy. He hated leaving like this but he had no choice.

At the airport Mícheál handed Noah his phone. "I got you a new sim card to use in Italy." Noah nodded his head and took the phone. "Let's go." His manager said and walked through the gates to their private jet. Noah couldn't believe this was happening. He picked up his bag and walked towards the gates. "I'll come back for you Em..." he said softly to himself.