Chapter 10: The Arrival

Johnny was working at the barn when he noticed a strange car pull up in front of the house. He went to check it out. A man in a dark blue Guess jean and white T-shirt got out of the car. He looked very rich and his shining silver Mercedes sports car didn't match the scenery. He looked around him scrunching up his nose, frowning.

"Morning, can I help you?" Johnny approached the man holding out his hand. The man looked at his hand then at him, "I'm  Mícheál. I'm looking for Noah." He avoided shaking Johnnys hand. "What makes you think he's here?" Johnny didn't like this man in the least. "Look here I know you won't understand but Noah is an important person and he has things to do." Mícheál was getting annoyed. "Listen Michael.." Johnny started but was cut off. "It's Mícheàl it's French but I wouldn't expect you to know." Johnny was stunned "Mícheál... this is private property so you better  get out of here." Johnny folded his arms. "Oh believe me, I intend to as soon as I get Noah." He looked around him looking disgusted at the dirt.

"I don't think you understand..." Johnny went stood in front of the stranger, starting to lose his temper when Noah overheard the racket and went outside. "What's going on?" They both looked at him. "This Micheal person thinks he can do whatever he wants." Mícheál stepped around Johnny to Noah. "It's ok uncle Johnny, he's my manager." Johnny looked at the stranger then at Noah and stepped inside the house.

"How the hell did you find me!?" Noah walked away from the house more. "I tracked your phone." His manger followed him."What?! You had no fucking right to do that!"  Noah was pissed. "What else was I supposed to do? Let you go missing for months on end!?" His manager shouted at him. "I said I'm taking a break!" Noah was agitated. "There are no things like breaks in entertainment, Noah. I'm here to tell you that you can stay. If you want but then I will ensure that you never ever play football again. It may sound harsh but I'm doing this for you. I know you don't realize that now." Noah couldn't believe his manager could do this to him. His heart immediately ached at the thought of leaving Emily. Noah thought about it for a couple seconds, "Ok just give me another week or so." He spoke calmly. "Ok fine... but then I'm staying here to make sure you come back!" Noah didn't know his manager could be like this. "I'll organize it with my uncle. Do you even have clothes?" Noah looked into the window of his managers car. "No but I'll go get it and be back later. I'm doing what's best for you, you know?"

Noah walked back into the house feeling really defeated. "Did you get rid of that asshole?" Johnny asked standing behind the counter next to  Ellie. "Temporarily..." Noah sat down at the table with his head in his hands. "What does that mean?" Johnny went to sit down as well. "He asked if he could stay the week until I go back with him. Noah looked at his uncle cautiously.

"You can't be fucking serious!? I hope you said no?" Johnny raised his voice. "He didn't give me a choice!" Noah got frustrated Johnny shook his head, Ellie came standing behind him speaking calmly, "Did he ask you to go back or did you plan on it?" Noah gave a big sigh, "He told me to but it has to happen sometime." Ellie understood why Emily felt sad, her fears are becoming a reality. "I don't know what to tell you honey, if you feel you're not ready then you're not ready." Noah loved his aunt dearly. He got up to give her a hug.

Johnny grabbed Noah's arm as he passed by him. "He's sleeping in the barn next to Beethoven, okay?" Noah laughed, shaking his head in agreement. "Okay old man." He teased.

~~~

Noah got to his room to find a note on his bed. "Come by the track at 4." He felt a little confused but excited at the same time. The family left half an hour ago to go to one of Alex's school events. He looked at his watch and decided to freshen up a bit before he went.

He got to the track early feeling too excited to wait. He saw Emily riding Beethoven. He got butterflies in his stomach. She rode up to him, taking off her helmet. "Hi, you ready?" She asked grinning. Noah frowned, "What for?" Emily slid off the horse. "Beethoven of course!" Noah put his hands up trying to explain that, that's not going to happen again. "Don't you remember what happened last time?" She took his hand leading him. "Yes but then I didn't really help you, I thought you knew how to ride."

Noah wasn't excited. "Come on, Em. I'm an athlete. I'm not nearly graceful enough." Noah was standing next to Beethoven. "Calm down." She cupped his cheek, smiling at him. Now he was very worried seeing as his body went numb. "Ok, just put you left leg there and jump on." Noah jumped on easily. "See now we're just going to walk." Emily led  Beethoven to walk around the track until Noah was riding on his own.

After 30 minutes they were done and Noah felt much more comfortable on a horse. "We can go for a ride some time if you want to?" Emily wanted to spend more time with Noah. "I'd love to." He looked at her thinking how hard it will be to leave her.

~~~

Mícheál came back later that night with his clothes and things he needed to spend the week. Noah came out to help his manager with his bags.

He walked into the house looking at everything critically. "Cute house." Mícheál said to Ellie and Johnny in a sarcastic tone. He dropped his bags, looking around the house, "So where will I be sleeping?" Johnny gave hima stern look folding his arms. "With Beethoven." Mícheál was confused. "Whose Beethoven?" Noah and Johnny looked at each other "The horse" Noah said "In the barn." Johnny added grinning at Mícheál.

"Oh stop the two of you!" Ellie scolded. "You can sleep on the floor on a mattress." Ellie pointed to matters next to the couch. Mícheál was not impressed,looking at the couch.

~~~

"Are you sure he won't wake up?" Liam asked Noah walking silently behind him down the stairs. "Believe me, he drinks elephant tranquilizers." Noah chuckled carrying Alex on his back.

Alex got down from Noah's back and went to the door to open it. Liam and Noah both picked up an end of the mattress. Mícheál groaned but slept like a log. They started laughing, and carrying him out the door. They walked to the big duck pond just outside the house and put him down on the water, gently.

They ran back into the house laughing.

~~~
Ellie was busy cooking breakfast. The boys were on the couch watching TV when Johnny came downstairs. He walked to Ellie kissing her cheek. "Morning." Johnny looked around a little confused. "Did he go home?" He had hope in his eyes. The boys burst out laughing, confusing Ellie and Johnny.

"What...?" Ellie started but got interrupted by the front door opening. "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!" Mícheál screamed slamming the door. He was soaking wet. Ellie went upstairs to get him a towel. The boys cried laughing. "Did you take a wrong turn? The bathroom is that way, you know?" Johnny grinned looking kind of happy.

Mícheál rolled his eyes taking the towel Ellie offered him. "Come on, you can go take a shower upstairs." Ellie started walking with him in the direction of the stairs but not before giving the boys a nasty look.

Johnny burst out laughing as well. "We'll pretend this didn't happen."

After the whole incident Mícheál decide to leave and go back to the city, but not before having a chat with Noah to make sure that he'll be back in a weeks time.