Chapter 6: Welocome home

Noah's POV:
I can't help thinking about her. I stop myself and 2 minutes later, I'm doing it again. I struggle to sleep at night, struggle to concentrate. Those amazing green eyes, that untamable smile. 'NOAH STOP! You've only know her for two weeks. What's wrong with you! She doesn't even feel the same' or maybe she does. When I look at her her eyes are soft. I see her staring at me sometimes but pretend I don't. Maybe there is something or maybe it could be.

"Noah... when you're done dreaming can you help me carry this...?" Emily was standing holding a bag of horse feed in her arms, well trying to at least. He was helping her feed the horses like he's done for the past week. "Yeah sorry..." He got up from the hay stack and took the bag, flashing her a quick smile. "What are you thinking about anyway?" She started sweeping the barn. "All the problems you're causing me." Noah looked at Emily challenging.
"Problems? ... What problems could I possibly be causing you?" She stopped sweeping.

"Look at me, I'm in a barn, 6 o'clock in the morning working my ass off. Do you know how tired I am?" He stepped closer to her.
"You're tired. I'm the one who has to put up with you!!" She playfully smacked him with the broom. Noah raised his eyebrows in pretend shock "Ooh is that how it is?! Two can play that game." He ran outside grabbing the hose next to the barn.
"Noah Centineo, don't you dare!" He opened the hose and started spraying her.

Emily walked into the house soaking wet. "What happened to you!" Aunt Ellie was dumbstruck. "Just an accident at the barn. Sorry I'll clean the floor." She ran up the stairs to change. Noah sat at the table looking proud of himself. Alex looked at him, his eyes shining "Emily and Noah sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G." He started singing at the top of his lungs. "Alex, eat your food!"

Johnny looked at Noah "Did I tell you Liam was coming?" Noah was excited. "No, when?" Liam was Noah's cousin and Johnny's oldest son. He's two years younger than Noah. They loved playing together when they were young but like all of his family Noah hasn't seen him in years. "Later today. He doesn't know you're here. Thought we could keep it a surprise."

~~~

Later that day it started raining and the sky turned dark. Aunt Ellie decided that no one was going to work and they were just going to spend some quality time together. She was busy making pancakes and the whole house smelled amazing. They were playing Monopoly. Alex was upset because he was losing. They heard the hoot of a car. Johnny got up and started walking to the porch with Alex and Ellie following. Emily didn't know Liam was coming and she didn't mind it very much.

Moments later Liam walked into the house. Emily jumped up screaming with excitement at the sight of him and ran into his arms. "Em! I missed you so much." Liam hugged her tighter. "You have no idea how much I've missed you!" Emily let him go letting his sights fall on Noah. "No way! Ace, you were the last person I expected to see!" Liam called Noah Ace since they were little, it's a name given to people who are good at everything they do. Noah got up to greet his cousin. They gave each other a big hug. "It's good to see you." Noah was genuinely happy to see his cousin after all this time.

It was a happy and care free night. They sat in the living room catching up. "Do you remember when we sprayed the pigs all sorts of colors and patterns?" Liam laughed asking Noah "Yeah, we just wanted to be able to remember who was who." Noah burst out laughing. Emily sat next to Liam sering at home every once in wile. Noah didn't know how to feet about it but he did know it made him a little jealous.

They went on talking for a bit when Ellie and Johnny went to bed,Alex passed out hours ago, they decided to call it a night as well.

*FLASHBACK*
The two boys were running around in the dirt path, throwing rocks around. "Did I tell you there's a new girl next door?" Liam looked at his older cousin, his blond hair looking messy as ever. They were typical country boys. Never wore shoes and put up a fight every time they had to take a bath. "Oh maybe, we should investigate!" Noah was always looking for an adventure. "I don't know, maybe we shouldn't?" Liam was hesitant. Noah started running in the direction of the fence behind the barn. "Don't be such a baby!" He shouted over his shoulder.

Liam groaned and followed him. Noah sat in the tree that was next to the fence and Liam behind it. They saw a girl with red hair tossing something into the air and catching it when it came fluttering down. Noah was curious about her. She looked about Liams age. There were people carrying boxes and furniture into the house. Noah figured they were moving in. "Can we go now?" Liam stood up. "Yeah okay. What do you want to do?" They walked away from the fence, Noah was still wondering about the girl.

*END OF FLASHBACK*