Chapter 5: Apology accepted

Noah was rehearsing his apology in his head while he was he was walking up the stairs not knowing if she would even forgive him for what he had said. Noah stood in front of Emily's room like a statue, he tried to move but he couldn't.

"Just knock you Asshole..." Noah mutter to himself, he slowly lifted his hand placing three knocks on the door. At first there was no answer so he tried again, a little bit louder this time. He hear a heavy sigh coming from behind the door and then the door opened reveling Emily with red puffy eyes.

Noah's pov:

Seeing her standing there in front of me with tear stains on her cheeks broke my heart, I can't believe I was the cause of this. Now I know what Uncle John met with me hurting her, I've only known her for tow days and I already shattered her heart.  "What do you want Noah?" she said coldly, barely looking at me and trying to avoid making eye contact. "Em... I'm...I'm so sorry." was all I managed to say, even though I had a whole speech prepared.

She just stared at me blankly. "Can I please come in, I don't want wake everyone els up?" She stepped out of the way giving me space to enter her room. She slowly closed the door behind me, walked over to her bed and sat down. I walked closer slowly and finally sat dow next to her, I didn't know what to say to her so I just pulled her closer to me and cradle her in my lap holding her close and letting her sob into my chest.

After about five she finally looked up at me, I cupped her cheeks in my hades and whipped her tears away with my thumbs. "Em?" I whispered to her. She just gave me small smile to let me know that she forgives me and with that one smile she made me forget about everything bad and I was scared that she was going to hear a my hart almost beat out of my chest.

"I should probably go, before my uncle has another reason to be pissed at me." I gave her a small smile while she just nodded at me. "Good night Em..." I gave his kiss on the head and walked to my room hoping that my uncle wouldn't find out about this.

~~~

Third person pov:
Noah came down the stairs to find aunt Ellie cooking breakfast. "Morning honey, sleep well?" He gave his aunt a hug. "Yes thank you." Noah sat down at the table. "Where's uncle Johnny?" Aunt Ellie sighed. "Already busy with the horses at the stable. Emily has a race tomorrow." Noah got up and started walking to the door. "Guess I have to apologize sometime." He said to his aunt over his shoulder. Ellie shook her head and went on with the breakfast.

Johnny was busy brushing Emily's horse, Beethoven. Noah went into the stable feeling a little uncomfortable. "Good morning." Johnny quickly glanced at him. "Morning."        
Noah sat on a hay stack standing in the corner of the stable. "Look... I'm really sorry about yesterday..." he paused and took breath.

"...I didn't mean anything I said I was just frustrated." Noah tried apologizing. Johnny stopped working to look at his nephew. "No, I shouldn't have stereotyped you. I just don't feel close to you anymore. You live in another world." He went on brushing the horse. "When you were a kid everything was so easy. You'd come to the farm and we'd just play and have fun all day." Noah got up and walked to Beethoven.

"I have to make more of an effort too." Noah smiled at his uncle. "Are we good?" Johnny threw a second brush at Noah. "Once you've helped me brush this horse." He joked. Noah started brushing, feeling lighter then before. Johnny looked at Noah squeezing his shoulder. "You're a good kid."

"Johnny have you see my-" Emily stoped in her tracks when she saw Noah and Johnny brushing Beethoven, "What is going on here?" She said letting out a small chuckle. "We just worked some things out..." Johnny looked at Noah and gave him a smile.

"Ok that's good to hear... so did any of you two see my helmet?" Emily looked around her, Noah pointed at the haystack across the stable "Is it that one over there?" "Yes! Thank you Noah." Noah gave her a small smile and a nod. "Ok Em... Beethoven is read for training." Johnny was proud of how good Noah and him made Beethoven look. "Can I maybe come ride with you guys?" Noah instantly regretted asking because he suddenly remembered that he forgot how to ride a horse and he doesn't want to make a fool out of himself.

"That would be great!" Emily got really excited and seeing that sparkel in her eyes was the only reason way Noah didn't back out. "Ok Kiddo, come with me." Johnny lead Noah to one of the horses and helped him saddle up.

"Ok, Noah you've got this... you've done this before... how hard can it be?" He thought to himself while getting onto the horse. "You ready?" Emily looked at Noah while being kind of concerned. "Yes... let's go..." Noah's voice was shaking and he hoped that Emily couldn't hear it.

~~~

A couple of hours later Noah and Emily came back from their ride, Noah was covered in dirt and his whole body was in pain. He laid on the couch trying not to move a mussel. Johnny walked into the living room and burst out laughing when he saw Noah "What happened to you?" Noah glared at his uncle "I fell of the horse, ok?" Emily walked into the living room with some painkillers and a glass of water.

"Here... drink this." She handed him the pills and glass of water. Noah grunted out of pain as he got himself to sit up and drink the pills. Emily began to giggle as she replayed the picture of Noah falling off the horse in her mind. Noah gave her a serous look "It's not funny" Emily couldn't keep the laughter at bay "It is so funny, you should have seen your face! It was hilarious!" Everyone started laughing with Emily, all except for Noah.