Cotillion Planning

The next day, the group of friends were walking outside. Girls turning to give smiles towards" Rolo.

"Hi, Rolo."

"Hey," Rolo replied with a wink and a smile.

"Rolo," a girl called with a shy wave.

"Hey, what's up?" Rolo asked with a wave back.

"Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already," Matt said with a roll of his eyes.

"I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them" Rolo replied with a cheeky smile.

"Ah! You're the expert," Matt said to which Keith and Acxa rolled their eyes from behind the pair of boys. "Um, Rolo... if you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?" Matt asked as the group stopped to the side beside the stairs.

"Listen, all you got to do... is look like me," Rolo said with as he placed a hand on Matt's shoulder with a smile.

"Oh, ha-ha," Matt replied with an annoyed roll of his eyes.

"Keith!" Romelle called out as she jogged up to the light magenta haired teen. Keith turned to find Romelle holding an IPad in her hands.

"Hey, Romelle," Matt said with a smile.

"Hey," Romelle replied back with a smile.

"I was wondering...uh... if you liked the.... carrot cake last night," Matt said as he became lost in Romelle's violet eyes.

"I had the pumpkin pie," Romelle answered with a forced smile as she could see Matt's mistake.

"Oh, cool. Um, uh--" Matt started to say but was pulled away by Rolo as Pidge and her sister Rebecca walked up.

"I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?" Acxa asked as she stepped up to the trio of girls with Keith beside her.

"Me!" Rebecca called out before turning to her sister and Romelle. "Sorry girls," Rebecca said with a smile. Pidge rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Like I care," Pidge said to which Acxa gave her a smile and turned to Romelle.

"I'll take you later," Acxa said as she pulled Rebecca to the side to talk about the fitting details.

"Keith?" Romelle asked, stopping Keith as he went to step away.

"Yeah?" Keith asked as he turned back to Romelle.

"I hate to keep bugging you, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to, um... you know, um..."

"Bug me?" Keith finished with a teasing smile.

"Right," Romelle said with a nod of her head.

"Yeah, Romelle, I would love to. I just have to get to class," Keith said as he went to step away again but Romelle pulled him back and unlocked the tablet in her hand.

"You know, just nod if you like it," Romelle said with a smile.

"Okay," Keith said with a quiet sigh.

"Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favors yet," Romelle said as she swiped through different slide options. Keith nodding his head not really paying attention.

"Honestly, Romelle, whatever you think--"

"I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but, I mean, we can do all three," Romelle went to continue but stopped in slight fear when Keith's eyes flash yellow.