It's Goin' Down

The next day, about an hour until noon, the docks were quite busy in excitement for the trade-off. Lance was aboard Zethrid's ship where he had been kept below decks since her crew kidnapped him, except this time he was tied to the mast. Rope tied his wrists behind his back, his ankles to the mast, and his upper arms to the mast. Ezor stepped up beside him, her dagger in her hands as she gave Lance a smirk.

"How's it feel to be a king now, eh?" Ezor said before Zethrid walked up and pushed her away with a roll of her eyes.

"Give it a rest Ezor," Zethrid said with a soft glare, Ezor huffed and sat down on the edge of the ship, barking orders at the crew. "We don't wanna damage the goods."

"You said that I could hook him," Ezor said with a glare towards Zethrid.

"I said, at noon you could," Zethrid barked which shut Ezor up.

"You better hope your little boyfriend comes through with his end of the bargain," Zethrid said with a smirk towards Lance.

"Well, he's not my boyfriend anymore," Lance said with a soft sigh.

"Leave us alone for a few minutes Ezor," Zethrid said, Ezor huffed and walked away, barking more orders at the crew as she headed to the bow.

"I get that you don't deserve this," Lance said once Ezor was out of earshot. Zethrid chuckled and shook her head.

"Yeah," she said, a frown replacing her smile. "This island is a prison, thanks to your father," she said with a shake of her head. "And don't pretend to look out for me, because no one's looking out for me," Zethrid said as she slowly shook her head. "It's just me."

"So this isn't your Mom's plan?" Lance asked which Zethrid chuckled softly and shook her head. "Isn't that her necklace?" Lance asked as he motioned to the dark purple seashell necklace around Zethrid's neck.

"My mom doesn't care about me either," Zethrid said made a frown grow on Lance's face.

"Well, not unless she needs someone for the night shift."

"Ouch," Lance said with made Zethrid send a glare towards him.

"I don't need your pity," Zethrid said which Lance nodded in agreement.

"No you most certainly don't," Lance said as he glanced around at the people working on the docks and on the ship. "You're very resourceful."

"Alright," Zethrid said with a chuckle. "So let's trash talk Keith."

"I'd rather talk about you."

"Funny and a gentlemen I see," Zethid said as she rolled her eyes. "I really hope I don't have to feed you to the fishes."

"Or you don't, set me free and we'll go back together," Lance said which made Zethrid freeze mid-step. She turned and faced Lance with a surprised look on her face.

"Oh so now I get an invite," she said as she softly glared at the king. "Gee, I wonder why."

"Well, even if I don't ask you'll tell me, so lay it on me," Lance said which made Zethrid sigh.

"When you brought Keith, Rolo, Axca, and Matt to Altea. That's as mad as I've ever been," Zethrid said as she pulled off her pirate hat and tossed it on the desk behind her. "And trust me, I've been plenty mad."

"I've never thought of it like that before," Lance said as he took in what Zethrid told him. "That the people who didn't get picked were hurt like you were."

"Yeah well, they were," Zethrid said as she turned back to Lance with a heated glare.

"My plan was to start with four kids and bring people over, I guess I was busy being king, no that's sound lame," Lance said with a shake of his head.