The Space Between

"If you guys never brought him here in the first place this never would have happened," Keith said as he lightly glared at his friends who all had guilty looks on their faces. "What were you thinking!?" Keith yelled, his eyes glowing yellow for a second before returning to normal.

"He was gonna come with or without us," Axca said with a frown. "We just wanted to protect him."

"Yeah and we completely blew it guys," Matt said as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Alright," Rolo said raising his voice. Stopping the arguments at once. "So what do we do?"

"We are not doing anything," Keith said as he sighed and pulled his jacket on. "This is between Zethrid and me."

"Woah, woah, woah, Keith," Matt said as he stopped Keith before he could zipper his jacket up. "You're still gonna have to go through Ezor and her merry bunch."

"Yeah you're gonna need us," Rolo said, Keith sighed softly and shook his head.

"Zethrid said to come alone," Keith said as he fixed his gloves.

"Keith come on," Axca started to say but was stopped by Matt.

"She said to come alone, we don't want to endanger Lance anymore than we already have."

"You're right," Acxa said with a sigh.

"Well I know one thing," Matt said as he sat down on the couch. "I'm not going anywhere."

"We'll be here when you get back," Rolo said as he sat down next to Matt.

_______________________________________________________

Meanwhile, down at the restaurant, Zethrid was handing out orders to tables. She slammed a tray down on a table and proceeded to walk away, However, she was stopped by the lady who proceeded to pull a "Karen" and get angry at Zethrid.

"Hey! I wanted the fried clam!" the lady yelled. Zethrid rolled her eyes and turned towards the lady.

"And I wanted my own planet," Zethrid said with a harsh glare to the lady. "Life ain't fair!" with that, Zethrid walked away and the lady grudgingly ate her meal.

At that moment, Keith walked in and waited until Zethrid noticed he was there. As she handed out another order, Zethrid glanced up and a smirk landed on her face.

"I'm baack," Keith sang in a sing-song voice.

"Loser, party of one, right this way please," Zethrid said as she motioned to an empty table. Keith sent Zethrid a smirk and sat down at the table, after flipping the chair around so its back was against the table.

"Place still stinks," Keith said as the smell of fish, and ocean that had grown over the years hit him hard.

"Oh sorry we're down a butler today," Zethrid said with a roll of her eyes. "Your Highness," Zethrid said which gained chuckles from the customers who were watching the pair like hawks.

"Where is he?" Keith asked getting right to the point. He came here for one reason. To get Lance back.

"You know I dreamed of this," Zethrid said as she pulled the apron off from around her waist and threw it on the ground. "You wanting something from me and me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook."

"I'm so very flattered that you dream of me," Keith said as he batted his eyelashes, knowing exactly who Zethrid dreams about in her dreams. "I haven't given you a thought since you left."

"Obviously," Zethrid said as she scoffed and rolled her eyes. "You have you perfect little life don't you?" Keith didn't react as Zethrid leaned in close and glared at him. "Doesn't he have the perfect little life?" Zethrid called out to the pirates who all cheered in response. "And we're twenty years into a garbage strike."