9

"Y—it, it's Lilith? Not Astaroth?" Belial asked from the other line.

"Yeah, bro. It's Lilith. Hades thought Astaroth was the one who could unite and lead us. But the 'he' we found is actually a she, and of course it had to be Lilith out of all the possibilities," Colby sighed.

"What, you're upset about it being her and not a different one? Haven't you been looking forward to meeting Lilith for centuries?"

"Well of course I have! I just didn't expect to find her on earth, that's all. Not as a human," Colby said.

"Well is she at least hot?" Belial asked. Colby laughed.

"Yeah, dude. Hella. Plus she's got all of these cool tattoos. And she's sick as fuck. She's the leader of the whole ass LA crime ring. I wanted to meet her in general because she seemed so damn incredible and now it turns out she's Lilith," replied Colby.

"Well there you go, man. Stars aligned for you. You're sure it's her? You got the mark?" asked Belial. What mark? And why did it matter if I was hot? How did Colby meeting me mean the stars had aligned for him?

Colby stared down at his hand. "Yeah, got it last night. I had no fucking clue she was Lilith, though. My dumb ass just touched her back and the mark fucking did its thing in the middle of my kitchen at a party. She doesn't even know what it is or what it means. She thought it was just some weird shock."

"What, she hasn't noticed the shape on her back?"

"I don't think so. Mine's supposed to be a semi-circle, right?" Colby asked, staring down at his hand again.

"Yeah, the outside of the pentagram. Half for you, half for your Promised," Belial answered.

"Jesus, I can't believe you're saying that. About me. About Lilith. I mean, really? My Promised one? Don't get me wrong, I didn't love living with everyone else who was already matched up with their soulmate, but I'm not cut out for this love type stuff, dude. You know that. I'm Wrath. I feel too much and never of good things," Colby said.

Hold up. Promised one? Soulmate? Marking? The fuck?

"What's her name?"

"Jupiter."

"Oh, that's pretty dope," Belial said.

"I know. I'm not calling her Lilith. Not ever. There's no way she's evil like the rest of us, man. She's a crime lord but she's not a bad person. Wouldn't cross someone without a real reason, you know?" said Colby. "I don't want to flip my shit on her again and fuck her up. I don't want to make her something she's not."

"Satan, man, relax. She's the powerful one, remember? After that ritual, she can control it all. And her first task is to teach you all how to do that, too. How to harness that energy, how to unleash the rest of your abilities. Jupiter is going to teach everyone how to manage their sin's power and the abilities they've been assigned as demons. But she's going to do a hell of a lot more than that for you. Wrath is the one who needs love the most. You know that. You need someone to cool you down and balance you out, and she is literally the only one who will be able to do that. Better than Mammon, even," Belial said. Mammon was Sam, right? Yeah, it was Sam. Everyone having three names was a little difficult to keep track of. "Wait, what did you mean by 'flip your shit on her again'?"

"She got drunk last night so I let her sleep in my room. I woke her up and she pulled a knife on me. And then she asked about the shock from the mark and I panicked because I didn't want to just be like 'hey, good morning, I'm Satan and you're my soulmate for all of eternity'. I pretended I didn't know what she was talking about and she knew I was lying," Colby said.