34

"Baaabe," I yelled out.

"Whaaat?" Colby yelled back at me from downstairs.

"Hellllp," I whined. I heard him sigh and make his way up the stairs to our room.

"Woah," he said, walking in. I looked down at the tight white velvet dress I was wearing.

"Can you reach for me?" I asked, pointing up into the closet.

"Yes. But I am not just a ladder, you do know that, right?" he asked with a laugh.

"Of course not! You're a jar opener and a spider killer, too," I said.

"Shut up," he laughed, bumping me with his hip.

"Absolutely not. The big silver one," I said. He reached up and grabbed the purse for me. "Thank you," I said. I took it over to the bed and then opened the big drawer in Colby's desk. I pulled out my gun, a small box of bullets, the taser, and two knives. I slipped one of the knives into my bra and put everything else in the purse.

The second knife was slipped into the lining of the purse through a small slit cut in the top and I put the taser in there with it. In the off chance that they decided to check my bag, I'd have those things hidden.

"Do you really have to wear that?" Colby asked. I pulled some silver heels out of our closet.

"No, I don't have to. But I'm going to. I guess I have the same one in black if you'd rather I wear that," I said.

"No. You look hotter in black than white," he said.

"Ouch. Maybe I should change, then," I said.

"I said hotter, not necessarily better. Black is also my favorite color though, so I don't know that I'm the best judge of what you actually look better in," he said.

"I'm not going to change, this thing is so tight it'll take a solid ten minutes to get off. And what are you bringing?" I asked. He lifted up his black button up shirt to show the handle of a gun sticking out from the waistband of his black jeans, then pulled a small knife out of the black boots he was wearing.

"Good. Remember, a knife is preferable due to the lack of sound, but if it needs to be done quickly and you can get away, a gun is fine," I said.

"Yes, I know. You've already told me twice," Colby said.

"I know, I know. These people just really know what they're doing and if we get caught doing anything, we're completely screwed," I said.

"I'm sure we'll be alright. And we'll have each other next to us the whole time," he said, walking over and placing his hands on my hips. "We'll be fine." He gave me a long, slow kiss.

"Now come on. It's time to go," he said.

"Okay, hold on. Let me get these on," I said, holding up the heels I'd grabbed. "You can go start the car. We're taking mine, though," I said.

"Okay. Keys on the counter downstairs?" he asked.

"Yup," I said. He left the room and I sat down to pull on the strappy shoes.

"Hey, Jupiter?"

I turned around to see Sam standing in the doorway.

"Hey, what's up? I have to leave soon, Colby's waiting," I said.

"Yeah, um, about that... I don't know, Jupiter, I have a bad feeling about tonight," he said. I could tell he was being serious. He looked nervous, picking at his nails and taking short breaths.

"You guys will all be within a mile of the house parked around the block. Colby and I have our guns, and I know almost every single person that will be there. Is there something specific you're worried about?" I asked. He scratched the back of his head.

"I'm not sure... I just feel like something's going to happen. To you," he said. It made me a little uneasy that he had a feeling about me specifically, but I knew what I was doing more than anyone else.

"Sam," I said, finishing with my second shoe. I put my purse up on my shoulder and walked over to him. "We'll be okay. They can't kill me."

"I know, but they can still hurt you," he pointed out.

"But I'll live, and that's what's important. I love you guys and I know you need me, so I won't be going anywhere, okay?" I asked. He nodded in response, but I knew I hadn't made him feel much better.

"Let me know if there's anything you want me to do that will help make you feel better about everything, okay?" I asked.

"Okay," he said quietly. I hated seeing him so scared like this.

"Come here," I said. I held my arms out and gave him a short hug.

"Good luck, chief," Sam said.

"You too, Sam," I replied. I made my way downstairs and out to the car, letting Colby drive since he was already in the driver's seat.

Their house was about a fifteen minute drive. The eight of us along with Mike, Brennen, and Kevin were all driving over. We'd all picked out different waiting spots for everyone except Colby and me, all close to or in sight of the house. The nine of them were split between three cars, Kat and Dev alone, the rest of the sins in another, and the other guys in their own.

"You ready?" I asked Colby after he parked and turned off my car. He took a deep breath and looked over at me.

"Yeah, I'm ready," he said. "But when we get home, you're all mine," he said with a wink. Oh, lord. That was hot.

"That sounds perfect. Now let's go," I said, stepping out of the car.