38

Fuck. I would probably go into one of those comas if he cut my throat deep enough. Thankfully, Kian was the only one who had come out.

Save her, you can finish this later.

"Colby, no. Don't you dare get up," I said, feeling the blade lightly rub against my skin as I spoke. Axel would be protected after this, followed around by a lot of dangerous people for a while. This might be our only chance.

I really fucked up. I'd always physically fought with Axel, not against him. I'd never stopped to pay attention to his tactics and weaknesses, and I was stupid enough to go after him without more preparation.

"Shh, sweetheart. No more talking. You did pretty good, I'm impressed. But your one mistake was leaving marks on Trixie's neck before she came back inside. Was she in on this?" Kian asked.

"N—,"

"I said no talking," Kian said, tightening his grip on me.

"The fuck she was! No, just these crazy motherfuckers!" Axel yelled, his voice strained.

"Shut the hell up," Colby growled.

"Hey, buddy. I'm holding the cards here. I've got a knife pressed against your boss's neck," Kian said. I stayed as still as I could. I didn't know how violent Kian was or if he'd actually try to kill me. I didn't know anything about him, and I had to look at him to read his mind but my back was up against him. "Did you threaten Trixie, too? Woman didn't seem to know a damn thing was going on out here. What did you do?"

"Fucking Urge him," I said, talking much quieter than a whisper without moving my jaw. Colby looked up at Kian and opened his mouth, but Kian had moved his head back down to my ear again, not looking at Colby like he had to in order for Colby's abilities and powers to work.

"You're coming with me, and Colby isn't welcome," Kian whispered.

"Help," I said under my breath, signaling to the other sins that something had happened.

"And you. Don't fucking speak, don't fucking move or she gets it," Kian said to Colby. "JC!" Kian yelled.

JC was outside a few seconds later, closing the door behind him before proceeding to walk over to Colby and pull him off of Axel. Colby was undoubtedly stronger, but wouldn't dare to fight back and risk me getting hurt.

"Get up," JC said to Axel. But Axel didn't move. "I said get up!"

"He's lost a lot of blood, he probably can't," Colby said.

"What the FUCK did I tell you to do? I said not to fucking talk!" Kian yelled. He slid the knife about an inch, breaking my skin. It wasn't too deep, but I felt warm blood dribble down onto my collarbones.

"Hey," Trixie said, popping her head out of the door. "Oh my god! What the fuck!" she shrieked, rushing over to Axel's side. Why was she just yelling and not freaking out?

"Take him inside," ordered Kian. "Stone! Come help Trixie!"

Stone came outside too, but his face looked confused as he walked over stiffly.

"Yes sir," Stone said. What the fuck? Stone didn't say 'sir' or 'ma'am'. Not ever. He said 'boss'. Had Kian demanded they call him something different?

Trixie and Stone helped Axel up, being more rough with him than I would have expected. Axel seemed to wake up a little bit when he was lifted up, having partial control of his legs. They took him inside and shut the door behind him.

"Take him inside," Kian said to JC. "You make sure Axel is okay and you don't let anyone leave. I'm taking her."

JC nodded and pulled Colby inside, Colby's striking blue eyes staring at me, begging me to read into them.

They're inside. That wasn't Trixie, it was Corey. Jake and Dev were controlling Stone. We'll take out JC and come get you after we get Axel. I love you baby, I love you so much. You're going to be okay.

His thoughts were rushed and his words were separated by very little time, but they had to be because of the short distance JC had to pull Colby.

"Alright, princess. Let's go," Kian said. I didn't like him calling me princess. Not one bit. Colby called me that. I much preferred angel coming from Kian. He started walking backward, pulling me with him.

"Here's what's going to happen. We're going to go to your car and I'm going to drive us somewhere we can have a little chat, okay?" Kian asked.

It was a smart move on his part to not take his own car in order to remove any connections to himself. But that would actually backfire for him, because he didn't know that the rest of The Octet was inside and would know to look out for my car if they noticed it was gone.

But before we could make it out front from the backyard, I heard Colby yelling, his voice too muffled to make any of the words out. And then I heard a gunshot, followed by a scream. Silence followed, the air heavy with the lack of Colby's voice.