40

"You sure you can do this? I really will be okay with just two of you," I said. Dev's eyes were lined with tears.

"Oh, of course I can do this. I'm not crying because of Corey. Well, okay, I am. But I'm also crying because I'm so, so happy for you. I know how much this stuff means to humans and I'm so glad you were able to find a way to do this even though you're not one anymore," Dev said, giving me a sweet smile.

"Come here," I said, holding out my arms.

"No! I'm not going to risk getting any makeup on that beautiful dress. You really had to choose black, though? Couldn't have gone with white like every single other person ever?" Dev asked.

"She's the queen of hell. She's not like every single other person ever," Tara said.

"I'm surprised you're wearing a dress," Kat said to her.

"Only because it's black," Tara said.

"You think that's why you're in that thing? No. Colby convinced you to do it earlier," I chuckled.

"What! When?" Tara asked. "It is so unfair that you guys get to use your powers on us."

"Tough luck," I said.

"You ready?" Venus asked, poking her head through the door. I smiled when I saw her. It'd been thirty years since everything had happened, since I'd become a demon and Corey had died. I didn't age anymore, but my older sister and the rest of my siblings had. My parents had both died several years ago.

"Yes, I'm ready," I said, taking a deep breath. "Lead the way, Venus."

Venus pushed the door open the rest of the way and the other girls lined up behind her, me going last. We walked out of the room and toward the main area, my heart going crazy in my chest.

They all slowly made their way inside in front of me, everyone looking at and admiring how beautiful they all looked. They were amazing people, my sisters, my best friends. I waited until I heard the music to start my walk.

I was so, incredibly nervous about the whole thing. But when I looked down the aisle and saw Colby standing there, waiting for me to come to him, all of my nerves melted away. He tapped his temple, telling me he wanted me to listen in on his thoughts.

I am so lucky that I get to marry you today.

A/N: This is the end of this book! I'm still keeping my promise to make a sequel to The Asylum, but not until we hit 45k reads, 1k votes, and 100 comments, so go hop onto that book and read/reread/share it!

I love you all so much pls never stop being wonderful

-dani

also hmu on twitter @ thattrixiehoe or on instagram @ traphousereturns