•Chapter Two•

•Chapter Two: Plan A•

•Elsa•

"No running!" I yell, blowing my whistle.

I work as a lifeguard over the summers. But only for a few hours, because I have figure skating in the afternoons and occasionally mornings. Lifeguarding is pretty fun, but it sure is annoying that kids can't follow the rules.

I hear a chuckle and look down to find Kuzco. The light reflecting his long black hair and gold T-shirt is blinding me.

"What are you doing here? I thought you didn't like swimming."

"I came to see you of course!" He smiles and kisses my cheek. "And I love swimming, just not in chlorinated pools filled with hundreds of people."

"Maybe we'll have to go to a lake or something one day, then." I've always wanted to have a swimming date with my boyfriend, but it doesn't really work if your boyfriend doesn't like the water.

"Anything for you, gorgeous." Kuzco leans in for a kiss, but I put my finger on his lips to stop him.

"Don't you dare kiss me right now, I'm trying to work!" I giggle and he pulls away.

"Alright, how about we get something to eat on your break?"

"Sounds perfect. Now go away before I get in trouble!" I teasingly push his shoulder.

Kuzco runs off, forcing me to blow my whistle at him. He doesn't slow down though. What a rule breaker!

Turning my attention to the pool, I notice Hiccup, Kristoff, Eugene, and Jack have all come. Great, now I have to see them.

It's been months since Jack's little bet, but I just can't forgive him. Not only was it extremely rude, but I think somehow I still liked him even though I knew it was fake the whole time. He broke my heart, even though I should have known better. And then after the dance, he still tried to get me to like him, saying stuff like 'It was real' and 'The bet is over, I really do love you'. I don't know why he tried to convince me for so long, but he stopped around the time I became Kuzco's girlfriend.

Realizing I've been lost in my thoughts, I look up and see the four guys sprinting around to my right. Seriously?

"No running!" I blow my whistle again.

They look at me and stop; and Jack winks. Why doesn't he give up already? It's been over for far too long.

Too annoyed to look at them, I turn my attention away from them and to some little girls playing in the shallow end of the pool. One of them has strawberry hair like Anna's. It makes me smile, reminding me of when we were kids. There's also a light blonde girl, though her hair's not quite like mine. They're playing Marco-polo, and it looks like the blonde girl is "it".

"Elsa!" Hiccup's voice grabs my attention.

I turn my head to see him and Kristoff waving their arms like crazy.

"Yes?" I ask politely, though I'm obviously completely exasperated with them.

"I think Jack's drowning! He doesn't know how to swim!" Kristoff explains frantically.

I sigh. It's my job to save him, but I seriously doubt he's drowning. I guess I have to, or else I will get fired. Jack is swimming in the deep end. Well, not swimming, He's sort of sputttering around.

Hiccup points to him, even though I already see him. Sighing again, I get off my chair and jump into the water.

"Els- Hel- He- M-" Jack stutters as he bobs in and out of the water.