The Plan

As much as I wanted to rush over to my brother's dorm room and spend the next hour or two rehashing and over-analyzing every single moment of my afternoon with P'Arthit, I know Sing won't be home yet.

He's a creature of habit and I'm sure he's still out with May, hopefully distracting her into forgetting that she saw a carbon copy of him out with their head hazer today.

So that means I'm stuck by myself to freak out over what happened without the calm and collected Singto to bring me back to my rational self.

Like wondering if P'Arthit is dating that girl.

She was extremely pretty and they seemed very close, enough that she called him Oon twice. Twice! I'm frantically trying to recall all our previous conversations to try and remember if he's ever mentioned a girlfriend. I'm almost positive that he hasn't said anything to that effect otherwise I'm sure I'd clearly remember my heart breaking into a thousand pieces at the same time.

Did he tell my brother? No, Sing would never not tell me something like that. He'd warn me in the gentlest way possible if he knew a big secret like that about my P'. My brother is many things but he wouldn't hurt me by pushing me at P'Arthit if he knew that he was already involved with someone.

So that means that either P'Arthit is dating that girl but neither of us knew, or hopefully that he is not dating her, at least not as of yet. Which means I still have a chance, don't I? Even if he likes her now, he must've liked me at some point in the past in order to kiss me, right?

It just means I need to make him remember those feelings again...but as Kong.

But how to do that when he doesn't even want to see me?

Just as I'm about to tailspin into my depressive thoughts again, I hear the beeping of my phone indicating a text message and I pull it out to see that I have a text from my missing twin.

Sing (7:17pm): I'm omw to ur dorm. Quit freaking out already 🤯😱

Kong (7:18pm): 🤨 Idk what u mean

Sing (7:21pm): Duuuuuude, I can feel it from all the way over here 🙄🙄

Kong (7:22pm): stfu, u cannot

Sing (7:22pm): can 2

Kong (7:23pm): where tf is the middle finger emoji when u need it? 🤬

Sing (7:25pm): HAHAHAHAHAAHA 😝😝

Sing (7:25pm): anywho, almost there

I'm still glaring at my phone when I hear the door unlock and my brother steps into the room, his "almost there" obviously an over-exaggeration to try to throw me off.

Maybe it's the shadows playing tricks on my eyes but why does Sing look like he has a panda eye? Wait, is that a bruise on my brother's face? What the fuck?!

"Sing, what happened to your face?!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Sing looks confused at my question but seriously, who forgets that they got punched?

Oh wait, my brother apparently. "Your eye, you idiot! You look like you got punched."

"Oh that. I got sucker punched." he answers sheepishly before plopping himself down on the bed as he hasn't a care in the world.

"Who punched you and why? Was May with you? Is she alright?" I can't help but worry, a thousand scenarios of what could possibly have happened running through my mind. My brother tends to run his mouth more than he should and it gets him in trouble. Sadly, an aftereffect of our vile high school past that he still hasn't managed to shake off yet.