New Beginnings

"Okay, he's coming," Mae looked out from the tree she was hiding in. "You two ready?"

"Yeah," Chi and Gicchin nodded. The small children both had their eyes focused on their target.

"Alright, remember the plan," Mae shifted on the branch slightly. "It's up to you two."

"Right!" The twins gave a nod of understanding. They silently and swiftly jumped to another tree, waiting for the right moment to strike.

After a few minutes Mae's target arrived. He looked up at the tree and sighed. "I know you are there."

Mae smirked and leapt down to meet her twin brother Gohan, "aww I was hoping to surprise you."

"Well that doesn't work cause we can always sense each other," Gohan laughed.

"Yeah you're right but..." Mae grinned. That was the moment the twins decided to attack.

Gohan was caught off guard and he dropped his books. Gicchin landed a clean punch across the jaw before Chi kicked him in the chest, knocking him back. "What the?!" Gohan stumbled trying to regain his balance.

"HAA!" Gicchin yelled powering up. He held his hands out and sent an energy blast at Gohan.

"Crap!" Gohan quickly blocked the attack but that gave Chi an opening to strike.

"This isn't exactly a good place to do this!" Gohan told Mae as he dodged and blocked the twins.

"Don't worry, there's no one here in the park," Mae looked around before looking to her children.

Gohan found an opportunity and powered up sending the children skidding against the ground. "You two really wanna fight?"

"Yeah!" Chi said with a determined look.

"We can beat you uncle!" Gicchin said bringing his hands back up.

"Alright then, let's see what you've got," Gohan said signaling for them to come to him.

Mae smiled at her children, watching them try and land blows on Gohan. Now that he gained his balance they were up against a real challenge. Mae took a step forward and accidentally stepped on a paper. "What's this?" She wondered and bent to pick it up. She skimmed over the first few lines.

My dearest Videl,
Everyday you grow more beautiful. My darling wife.

"A love letter?" Mae asked and continued to read.

Gohan noticed and turned red. "Don't read that!" He exclaimed.

"Huh?" Gicchin and Chi stopped their attack and turned to look at their mom.

"How cute!" Mae laughed as Gohan lunged forward to grab the note. Mae avoided and continued reading the letter out loud. "The most amazing woman in the world."

"Mae give it back!" Gohan demanded.

As Mae tried to read more Gohan managed to snatch the paper and shove it into his pocket. He huffed at her making her laugh. "Sorry Gohan. It's cute though. I'm sure Videl will love it."

Gohan sighed, "it's not finished yet. But thanks."

Mae helped Gohan collect his books before they, along with Chi and Gicchin, headed back to Gohan's house. The twins ran over to Pan and asked her to play with them. Soon it turned into a three way sparing match.

"Hard to believe those kids are so strong," Gohan commented. Both Pan and Gicchin turned Super Saiyan. "Chi still unable to transform?"

"Yeah, seems like her future self she uses energy similar to Jiren's," Mae nodded. "But she's still strong, just look at her."