Love Him, Hate You | Kopa x Reader x Kovu

"Ready to lose?" Kopa asked with a smirk crouch low to the ground. You snorted. "No, how about you?" You asked. "As if." Kopa scoffed. You and Kopa decided to on a race for your first game to play that day. Well, Kopa saying. "I bet I'm faster than you." With you retorting. "Pfft, yeah right." And here we are, with you and Kopa facing off in a race.

"Okay, whoever gets to that tree first wins." You explained. "HA! You won't stand a chance." Kopa laughed. "Let's see about that." You said. "Alright, on your mark, get set...GO!" You exclaimed. Both of you raced off kicking up dust from the ground. Kopa was in the lead but you smirked as you hopped onto a rock and did a backflip over Kopa landing feet first passed the tree, your finish line.

"What?! How?! That's not fair! You cheated! Cheater!" Kopa exclaimed whining. "What? We didn't set any rule on how to get to the finish line." You laughed. Kopa grumbled. "Fine, whatever," Kopa said. "Awww! You're just mad that I finally beat you in a race." You said. "Whatever," Kopa mumbled.

"Want a rematch?" You asked. "Yes! And this time, no 'jumping onto rock, backflip thing'. Okay?" Kopa said. "Yeah, yeah, sure." You said rolling your eyes.

*time skip*

You and Kopa are now on your fourth race. The last two ended in a draw. "Okay, last race, yeah?" You asked. "Yeah. I'm so going to win this one." Kopa said. "Sure you are." You said smirking. "Alright. Ready, steady...GO!" You both bounded off on go and you slow grabbed the lead from Kopa. "HA! Eat my dust, Kopa." You chuckled. Kopa stopped, his eyes widened.

"Um, Y/n? Look where you're going!" Kopa yelled. "What?" You said confused. You looked back to see a lion cub with green eyes in front of you. You bumped into him and the two of you rolled right into the tree that was the finish line. "Ow~." You whined. "I'm sorry." You added. "Watch where you're going next time, Pridelander." He growled. "Maybe next time you shouldn't walk where cubs are racing, stupid." You growled back.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Kopa asked running over to the tree. "Yeah, I'm fine." You said getting up from the ground and shaking the dirt from your pelt. "Oh! Hey, Kovu." Kopa greeting the cub that bumped into you. "Wait, Kopa, do you know this guy?" You asked. "Yeah, this is Kovu," Kopa said.

Kovu looked at you scowling a little. "And Kovu, this my best friend, Y/n," Kopa said. You scowled back at Kovu. Kopa looked between the both of you. "Okay? Well, Kovu you want to play with us?" He asked the brown cub. "What the heck. Kopa, no." You whisper-yelled. "Sure." Kovu smiled at Kopa. "Awesome! Let's head to the waterhole." Kopa said passing the two of you.

Kovu smirked towards you as you growled at him. This was a rocky start to you and Kovu's relationship with Kopa wondering why you two hate each other.