Love Him, Hate You | Pt.2

This pic has nothing to do with this, I just thought it was cool.

~

"You sure you want to race me?" You asked look over to Kopa. It's been 2 years since the last time you two have raced. You're both young adult lions now.

"Yes! Of course I do. It's been too long, N/n. I'm wayyyy faster now!" Kopa chuckling through his teeth smiling at you.

You rolled your eyes at the male and smirked. "Sure! Keep telling yourself that." You said.

Kopa snorted at you raising an eyebrow at you, rolling his eyes. Then Kopa turned his gaze back to you watching you stretch out your legs and back preparing for the race. Kopa's pelt had a light tint of pink as his pelt warmed up.

Kopa always had feelings for you yet he never acted on them because he loved the friendship the both of you had.

"Ready, Kopa?" You asked him with a smirk as he snapped out of his daydream.

"U-Uh, yeah. L-Let's go!" Kopa stuttered out at her, shaking his head a bit.

"Ready."

"Set."

"GO!"

The two sped off, Kopa was in front of you for the first have of the race until you play up front of him. Kopa's eyes widened as you passed him. Kopa gasped looking from you to Kovu, who was walking into her path.

Kopa smirked. "Um, Y/n, you might want to watch out." He said smiling.

You raised an eyebrow looking back at Kopa. "What are you talking-." She was cut off when she ran into..... "Ugh! Kovu." She grumbled the male.

"Good to see you too, Pridelander." Kovu growled, smirking a bit.

Kopa was laughing when he ran over to them, stopping as both you and Kovu got up from the ground and said. "Huh, some things never change."

"Whatever, Kopa," You said brushing past Kovu. "Your fault. You didn't tell Kovu was there."

"I did." Kopa said.

"Sure you did." You said rolling her eyes.

"Let's race again." You said shoving his shoulder with her paw.

"You guys are racing? What are you cubs?" Kovu asked chuckling.

"Yes! Are you going to join us or be on your merry way, Outlander?" You asked him.

Kovu smiled at you and rolled his eyes at you. "Fine, but don't be afraid if you lose." He said.

"Whatever." You said shoving his face away with your head.

"Come on! Back to the start!" You said running back to the start that her and Kopa set.

Kovu walked up to Kopa. "So, you think she likes me?" Kovu teased Kopa.

Kopa frowned, rolling his eyes. "Shut up, man." He said walking off to meet back up with you. Kovu laughed following behind him.