A Great King | Simba & Human!Daughter!Reader

It was a cool night in the Prideland, Simba was out stargazing with y/n, his second daughter after Kiara. Y/n was a human girl but Simba never minded that fact. He loved her no matter what. Y/n sat on Simba's back with her hands in his mane as they looked up at the stars.

"Dad?" Y/n asked looked down at him. "Yes, Y/n?" Simba answered smiling up at his daughter. "Tell about the stars again." She said. Simba chuckled. "Alright. So, my father told me the same thing I'm about to tell you." Simba said. "Grandfather Mufasa, yeah? Your dad." Y/n said. Simba nodded. "Yes. He's up there." Simba said tilting his head up to look at the sky.

"He's up in the stars?" Y/n asked her dad. "Yes, actually. So, are the other great kings that were in the Pridelands way before us." Simba explained. "Wow...so, do you think their like...watching over us?" Y/n asked. "Yes. And they always will like I will with you and your sister." Simba said. "Dad, you're the greatest king of them all." Y/n said hugging Simba.

"I'm teaching you everything that I know. I'm not the best." Simba admitted. "Nah. You're wrong." Y/n said slipping off Simba's back and sitting in the grass in between his front paws. "You're doing your best and that's what makes you a great king, Dad." She said. Simba's eyes shimmered in the moonlight at the words of his daughter. He smiled with adoration and said. "I guess you are right. Thank you, y/n." Simba said.

Y/n hugged Simba, Simba hugged her back-patting her back gently with his paw. "I love you, Dad." Y/n said. "I love you too, My star," Simba said nuzzling her cheek softly. 'The great kings will always be there to guide you and so will I.'