Catch! | Kovu & Human!Reader

"Um? Y/n? You should be careful up there! You might fall." Kovu called up the teen girl who's climbing up a fruit tree. Y/n was Kiara's adoptive sister and she asked if she could take Kovu for a bit. Kovu had a soft spot for Y/n since they first met. "Oh, Kovu. You're such a worrywart, chill. I've done this tons of time." Y/n said back to him.

Kovu rolled his eyes at the girl's cocky attitude. "Okay, but don't blame me when you fall." Kovu scoffed. "Whatever. I bet you'll catch me." Y/n said smirking down at him from the tree. Kovu grumbled something under his breath that Y/n didn't catch. "Huh? What was that? Did you say something, Kov?" Y/n asked. Kovu growled at the nickname she gave him. "Don't call me that!" He said.

"Yeah, yeah." She said waving him off. Y/n's eyes widened as she saw the ripest fruit in the tree. "Woah..." She trailed as climbed higher into the tree. "Y/n? What are you doing?" Kovu asked as his eyes filled with fear and concern. "There's super ripe and big fruit upon this branch up here." Y/n exclaimed in excitement. Kovu placed his front paws on the tree. "Just be careful." He said.

"Sure!" Y/n said back to Kovu. Of course, that didn't wash away Kovu's concern for the girl. He watched her reach for the fruit that was up there. The branch jerked up and down as it felt Y/n's weight on it. "Y/n!? The branch! It's going to break." Kovu warned. "Kov, it's fine. I almost got the fruit I'll be down in a sec. Hold on." She said to him. "But..." Kovu trailed and gave up on saying something to her.

'Why is she so stubborn?' Kovu asked himself. He was pulled out of his thoughts when the branch cracked. "Oh no!" He exclaimed. Y/n felt the branch fall from under her as she gasped falling from the tree. "Kovu!" She cried. Kovu's heart beated out of his chest as the adrenaline kicked in and he caught Y/n on his back. The impact made Kovu's paws slip from underneath him. "Nice catch, Kovu." Y/n said.

Kovu felt dazed from fall when you landed on him. He shook his head from dizziness. "But look." Y/n got Kovu attention when she held out the fruit that she got. "I told you I had it." She said. Kovu laughed. "Yeah, I guess you did," Kovu said. The two get up from the ground and Kovu took Y/n back to Priderock. "I can't wait to show Kiara. This is going to blow her mind." The girl said.

"What you think, Kovu?" She asked the lion that was walking next to her. "I think it's going to blow her mind." He smiled. Y/n chuckled smiling back at him. Y/n stopped to hug him and said. "We make a pretty good team, don't we?" She asked Kovu. "Yeah...I guess we do."