A Promise to keep( Final Chapter)

Real quick, funny story, I accidentally posted this on the 20th of February but as soon as it was published I was like "O shit!" but then I quickly unpublished it, but wait, apparently I screamed and my grandma burst in my room asking me what was wrong, I told her and she literally went on a rant, but I just kept smiling at my stupidity

"-rc, Mr. Arc" came a voice

Jaune looked up, standing there was a Docter. Jaune regained his senses, he had been out of it since he had heard the news.

"s-sorry, what is it?" Jaune asked

"She's ready to see you now" the Docter replied.

Jaune nodded, "right, thank you," Jaune told her

Jaune got up and walked to her room. He was both nervous and happy to see Gwen.

It had been 3 weeks after the Fall of Beacon. Cinder Fall, The mastermind behind the plot, was Dead. News spread of how she did this, while only a few now the truth. After the battle, the body of Ozpin was discovered and Ms. Goodwitch became the new headmaster, with the help of Ironwood, They had managed to save many lives as well as beginning to fix Beacon, however, it would still take a year or so to get it back up and running.

Jaune, NDGO, and BRNZ all returned to Shade, they were called heroes when they returned, but the group of friends had suffered a huge blow because of Cinder. Gwen had lost her sight.

When news of this returned to the Headmistress, She regretted to inform them that Gwen did not have a place in the Academy anymore. All of them argued as they felt horrible to just let her dreams vanish. Gwen had accepted this, and left the Academy, of course, she still was allowed to live there until she found a place to live. Jaune was mad that she let herself be kicked out, he didn't want to lose her, he didn't want to let her go and not be by her side. When he confronted Gwen about it... he'll always remember that night.

.

.

.

Gwen was lying in bed with Jaune, she wanted to spend the night with him and Jaune wasn't going to deny her request. He sat up and looked to her

"Why did you let her kick you out..." Jaune asked sadly

"Jaune... look at me, I can't fight if I don't know who or what I'm fighting" Gwen replied

Jaune shook his head, "there has to be some way for you to see again! I can get money for you to get some prosthetics! I can do I-"

Jaune was stopped when Gwen kissed him. She pressed her lips roughly against his and held on to him tight and she smiled.

"No... I don't want it, I don't want to fight anymore Jaune" Gwen replied

"But... then what do you want?" Jaune asked

Gwen couldn't see but she looked to where she assumed his face was and she looked him dead in the eye.

"I want you, I want a life that we both can live in," Gwen said "and I want to be with you forever" Gwen replied

"But how? I'll be living at Shade for 2 more years, and we still need to find you a place to live" Jaune replied

Gwen smiled but it was one with a bit of embarrassment in it. "Funny you should say that... I found a place that I can stay for a while" Gwen told him

"What? Where?" Jaune asked

"A hospital, it helps people who have gone blind and helps them adjust to the lifestyle" Gwen replied "I can stay there for a couple of months while you help me find an apartment"

Jaune was surprised, he felt happy but was still sad. He felt awful as he felt like this was his fault. He blamed himself, but he knew that this was Gwen's choice, and if she wanted this then he would support her.

"Alright... Alright, if this is what you want I'll support you" Jaune said

Gwen lied her head on his chest and let her body rest upon his, "thank you" she said

"Just promise me something Gwen" Jaune told her

"Only if you do the same" Gwen replied

Jaune took a deep breath, he wasn't ready to say this, he never thought he would say these words to her so soon, But he realized that he couldn't care how sudden it seemed. To him, he had done it, he had found love, he could always tell Gwen was really in love with him, she never went easy on him, she was truthful, and she showed her affection anyway she could. Jaune wanted to do the same for her, but most of all he wanted to something better then what they had now.

"After I graduate..." Jaune began "Will you marry me?" Jaune asked

"Only if you do something for me" She replied

"And what is it?" Jaune asked

"Promise me... Promise me that you'll come back after every mission" She told him

"I Promise, I WILL come back after every mission" Jaune said "an Arc never goes back on his word"

Gwen then giggled at this, "But you're not an Arc, remember"

Jaune chuckled, "Your right... how about this... a Le Sabel never goes back on their promise" Jaune said

"Le Sabel?" Gwen asked

"It means 'Sand' in my Village" Jaune replied

"Jaune Le Sabel huh?" Gwen said with a smile "It has a nice ring to it"

"So does Gwen Le Sabel," Jaune told her

Gwen smiled again, "yes, it does," she said

"So after Shade, will you marry me?" Jaune asked

Gwen nodded, "Yes"

.

.

.

After that night, Gwen moved out and began to live in the Hospital. She was bunking with another girl named Lindsy Mice, who's other two siblings were at the hospital as well. her younger brother Scott and who was 15 and their 6-year-old sister named Trixie, who could see, but had nowhere to go, so the hospital allowed her to stay there with her siblings. They had come from a harsh background as their mother was mentally disturbed and she gouged out both Lindsy and Scott's eyes before she could even touch Trixie, a neighbor had heard the screams and shot their mother dead.

It was sad, and because of this even, Trixie doesn't talk much, she says only a few words to Gwen and but never said anything to Jaune, She wasn't trying to be rude, she was just shy and a little skeptical of other people due to the event. They have been living there for two years. 

back to the present, Jaune entered the room,

and there on one side of the bed was both Scott and Trixie were watching TV. Well, Trixie was watching it and she would tell Scott what happened. There on the other bed was Lindsy and Gwen. Lindsy would always come with Scott and Trixie when she was teaching Gwen to understand Brail.

He couldn't help but smile at the sight. it was joyful and all around it was like there was a family right before him.

"Hey Gwen, I'm back"

.

.

.

Slow down there! Don't worry this is just the ending for this book, the second book will come out and will start off with their last two weeks of their summer and the changes of the characters. This story isn't over but it'll be continued in a 2nd book. The tile will be called "Shade's Knight", Also, the book might be released next year or over the summer, as I do need time to plan it out.