Chapter 2: The hard part

Lisa woke up next to an empty space, she remembered what it was like looking at the love of her life every morning.

It kills her to know that, that part of her life is over.

*ring* "Rosie is calling." Lisa spoke aloud. She was wondering if she should pick it up. Eventually she did.

Lisa: hello ?
Rosie: Lis, how are you?
Lisa: did you know?
Rosie: only right before you.
Lisa: I miss her, I know she's staying with you. Please keep her safe. I will be leaving town for a while.
Rosie: yeah Jisoo told me. Does Jennie know that you were going to propose to her yesterday?
Lisa: heh... I didn't even get to it. So no. But don't tell her okay? I don't want her to worry about me, I know she still cares.
Rosie: of course she does. But who knows, maybe this is just space.
Lisa: maybe, but I need to leave for a while I don't know how long. I'll be in touch don't worry.
Rosie: okay Lisa, you take care.

*Call ends*

Rosie POV

After the call with Lisa, Rosie went back into her room where Jennie was... standing by the door.

"She was going to propose last night??"

Rosie was shocked that Jennie heard her, "Je..Jen... you weren't supposed to know."

Jennie sat down... quiet.. saying nothing.

"Jen, are you okay? Don't worry she isn't mad at you. She's just going away for a while."

Jennie couldn't believe everything that was happening, she started to cry.

"Where? Did she tell you? I need to talk to her!" Rosie stopped her, "I don't think that will help her Jen, you wanted this, give her space and do what you want. That's why you ended things right?"

Jennie knows she was right. "I'm going out for some air." She said.

As soon as the door closed she rushed to her car and drove straight to the apartment, the place they grew in love, the place Lisa was in, the safest place on earth.

*knock knock knock* on the third knock someone finally opened the door.

"Jennie? Why are you here?" Jisoo asks.

"Look I know you're mad at me for hurting her but before she leaves let me talk to her, is she here?"

Jisoo sighs and points to the room.

"Lisa."

Lisa knows that voice, she turns around from packing, and she sees Jennie by the door.

She walks closer to her, she doesn't say anything.

Lisa looks at Jennie, and hugs her so tight. She finally speaks "I know. I know, don't say you're sorry. I know you know I was going to propose, I know you Jen, the moment Rosie said it on the phone I would know that you would be standing behind her."

Jennie starts to cry "Lisa I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I can't be who you want me to be."

Lisa tears up "Jen, believe it or not, you are everything I want and more, and you were nothing but amazing to me. You deserve your happy ending. With.. or without me."

Jennie hugs Lisa tighter, "Are you coming back?", Lisa responds "before we fell in love you were my bestfriend, you still are. I would never leave you for too long."

"Can I see it?" .. Jennie asks

"The ring?, here it's yours, whether you're mine or not." Lisa hands it to her and Jennie can't help but smile. This was the ring I told her I wanted when we were a few years in, I can't believe she bought it.

"Jennie, I have to go. My ride is here. She let you in." Lisa laughs a bit at her joke.

"Okay Lisa, come back okay?" Lisa nods and walks away.

Jennie wants to go after her, but she knows it's for the best.

2 years later..