Authors Note

I'm not really good at this authors note thing so I'll just get to the point:
'Mental' was based on a dream I had (yes, I have really weird dreams, I know). Of course the plot and the characters have developed immensely since then (for one the characters actually have names now) and an actual story is actually starting to happen. Surprisingly 'Mental' already has over 12 chapters, which I thought would be enough to finish the whole story (I was so naïve) yet it turns out I've only just begun. The story keeps evolving with every chapter as new ideas come into my head, so it's going to be a long ride.

That being said, this book has slow and random updates. You have now been warned. If you know me you'll know I procrastinate a lot, especially when I have no ideas. Unlike some other Wattpad authors I do not write the whole book before publishing (if I did, you might not see this book for another two years) nor do I have time set aside to write at regular intervals. I literally only write when I'm in the mood and I don't have work or other commitments, thus why you can sometimes get multiple chapters at once and then not get a new chapter for a few months (also not having constant wifi can cause finished chapters to sit around waiting to be published).

I would also like to mention that this is a first draft. For continuity reasons I do reread prior chapters and if I find errors in them I will change them. So if all of a sudden a previous chapter updates, don't panic as it'll just be me changing a spelling or grammar error 😇.

I'm told you're not meant to do this, but I'd rather let you know anyway. The first three chapters were published in December of 2018 (although they were written way before then), with chapter four released soon after. I then took a really long break from the book and started seriously writing it from around September 2019. So there is a bit of a shift in length and style from chapter five onwards, and looking back, those earlier chapters are kinda cringe (but I'm super critical so they might not even be that bad). So dear reader I'm asking that you don't give up on this book until you get past chapter five when the writing gets better. As I said earlier this is only a first draft so those first four chapters and any other parts will be rewritten once the first draft is completed (although you will be waiting a very long time for that).

Anyway I think that's all for now, thank you so much for deciding to read this book😘 and I hope you enjoy!
Kitten Rose❄️