06 - Second chance?

Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok are at the university grounds, at their usual hangout spot.

"Do you guys think Jungkook will come today? I mean he was pretty upset yesterday." Jimin asked from the others.

"Yeah What do you think that shit was yesterday anyway? What happened between Jungkook and professor Kim?" Hoseok said.

"I don't think it's just professor Kim only. Jungkook was weird during the photography class also. I didn't want to say anything but he literally didn't lift head during the class."

Yoongi was not taking part in the conversation. He suddenly saw Jungkook coming to them but the younger boy's face was quite good, happy even.

"Well I think he's going to come today. And also whatever it was yesterday, I think he got over it very well." Yoongi stated in a amused voice.

"Why would you say something like that?" Jimin hasn't seen the boy yet so he was surprised at what Yoongi said.

"Hey good morning guys. I'm a bit late today aren't I?" Jungkook came to his friends with a bright smile.

"Uhh no. We have about 10 minutes till the class starts. Mmm.. are you.. uhh.. did you had your breakfast?" Jimin was somewhat lost for words which was something he's not that familiar with.

"Yes I ate. And also uhhh.... thanks for yesterday. For taking me home and also for not asking anything. You guys were very cool yesterday."

Yoongi just nod his head and Hoseok looked like he forgot how to close his mouth.

"I want to go bit early to the class. You coming guys?" Jungkook was already up from his seat and waited till jimin said bye to Yoongi and they went to the photography class.

Once in the class, Jungkook eagerly waited for Taehyung to come. He was really nervous to talk to him, but he had to take the first step.

"Good morning guys." Taehyung came right on time.

He was wearing a denim pant and a white shirt. He always looked good in white. Jungkook smiled in his heart. Coincidently, he was wearing a denim pant and white tshirt. He wanted to make a good impression. Tae always said that it's his favourite colour on Jungkook.

Through out the class, Jungkook tried to catch Taehyung's eye but the elder was not looking at Jungkook's direction at all. Jungkook felt little sad as he thought maybe Taehyung was affected by him, like he was. After all, they saw each other after 3 years.

But what Jungkook didn't see was that Taehyung was also stealing glances at Jungkook and he had already noticed the younger boy's effort to catch his eyes. Taehyung was just better at being discreet. the other hand, Hoseok saw it perfectly.

At the lunch time, Jungkook excused him self form his friends saying that he had to go to the office. When Jimin asked to accompany him, he declined.

Once he's out of sight from his friends, Jungkook asked a random student about Taehyung's office and went there. He was standing infront of the door about 5 minutes before knocking.

"Yes, come in". Taking a deep breath he opened the door and went in. Taehyung was was working something on his computer and looked up.

"Ohh.." that's all he could say. Jungkook sat on the chair opposite him.

They just looked at each other for couple of seconds before Jungkook averted his eyes, not being able to stand Taehyung's gaze. Instead, he focused on a snow globe on Taehyung's table.

"This is beautiful. I didn't know you liked these kind of things." Jungkook said without looking at Taehyung.

"Uhh not really. It was a gift." Jungkook took it in his hand.

"From Liza?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

"Yes. How did you know?". Jungkook was looking down again.

"Lucky guess, I suppose" Jungkook subconsciously poked his inner cheek with his tongue.

Taehyung was all too familiar with this gesture which happens when Jungkook is jealous.

They sat in silence for a while. It was getting uncomfortable but neither of them wanted to break it. Finally Taehyung spoke. "What are you doing here?".

Jungkook was looking at the snow globe again. "I wanted to apologise to you. I.. I talked to Namjoon hyung and I know what happened that day. I'm so sorry that I didn't listen to you. Please forgive me." Jungkook's voice was nothing more than a whisper. His heart was beating so fast that he was afraid he might faint.

Again both of them sat in silence for a while. Jungkook kept his gaze fixed on the snow globe. He was afraid to look up at Taehyung.

"No." Jungkook's heart fell to his feet upon hearing Taehyung's reply. He looked at the elder. Taehyung's expression was unreadable.

"Why?" Jungkook whispered.

"Because I don't want to. You betrayed me. You decided to believe what others said than listening to me. You didn't even gave me a chance to speak. You.. you broke my heart Jungkook. I really can't get around that. If you think you can just waltz back in here and everything will be back like it was, you are so wrong. It's about 3 years too late." Taehyung was fuming at the end of his little speech.

Jungkook actually expected this response. He knew Taehyung would behave and say exactly this. But knowing and hearing it out loud was two different things. Jungkook felt the tears gathering in his eyes. He had to get out before that.

"Ok". Jungkook got up from his chair with the snow globe in his hand.

"Ok? OK?? That's all you got to say?" Taehyung snapped at him.

"Ok. You've said your piece. But hey, I had to ask before I do anything else. Well, I'll go now. Guess I'll see you around Tae." Jungkook looked him in the eye.

"And oh, sorry about this." He let the snow globe slip from his hand. Both boys watched as it hit the floor and shattered. "It wasn't really your style." Jungkook gave a little smile and head towards the door.

He stopped at the door and turned around. Taehyung was staring at him with an unreadable expression.

"When I said I'll see you around, I meant it Tae. I'll do everything I can to get you back. I promised you I will didn't I?"

With that Jungkook left the room. If he had only turned around before closing the door, he would have seen the smirk Taehyung had on his face.

"Go for it baby. I really want to see you try"

Flashback

"I want to learn how to play the guitar Tae. If I want something, you know I won't stop until I get it right."

"You are such a spoiled brat aren't you Kookie?"

"Yeah. But I'm your brat. Don't ever be on the opposite side of what I want Tae. You'll surely lose"