23 - Paused

Jungkook didn't come in the morning.

Taehyung was nervous. He had been waiting for Jungkook to come but now it's over 10.00am and Jungkook is still not here. Taehyung knows that the circumstances this time is different, but he can't get rid of his uneasy feeling. Not wanting the history to repeat itself, he decided to call Jungkook first. But he didn't have Kookie's number.

"Hello Mr Kim. Are you ok now? You gave us quite the fright yesterday"

"Hey Hoseok. Yeah I'm fine. Just a wounded arm. Will be ok in about two weeks. I'm actually getting discharged today."

"Oh that's good to hear."

"I uh.. I called to ask for a favour. I need to talk to Jungkook but I don't have his phone number."

"Ohh.. sure thing Mr Kim"

"If you are uncomfortable, you can call him ask if it's ok first."

"That's ok. I know he won't mind. I'll text his number."

"Thanks Hoseok."

"By the way didn't he come to the hospital today? He said he'll go in the morning"

"He did?"

"Yeah. He said he'll be late to the uni because he's going to the hospital. He said he might not come at all if you are going home. Did.. uh.. did anything happen again?"

"Y-you know about us?"

"Uh... Hope you don't mind Mr Kim."

"Not at all. It's his life to share with whoever he wants. Please call me Taehyung. Friend of Jungkook is a friend of mine too."

"Ha ha ha. Ok Taehyung. I'll send you the number. Don't think too much ok. Things will work out."

"Thanks Hoseok."

Taehyung got a text message with Jungkook's number and called immediately. But the phone was off. He tried for few more times with no success and finally called his brother to come as he needs a ride home. Bogum has left in the morning.

Jungkook had actually went to the hospital in the morning. When he was just about to go in to Taehyung's room, the doctor went in and Jungkook saw bogum inside through the open door.

Bogum was helping Taehyung with some water and Jungkook didn't feel like intruding. It was not like last time where he was mad with jealousy but something about how comfortable Taehyung and bogum looked bothered Jungkook.

He just sat there in the hospital garden for few hours before deciding to go to the uni.

Jungkook met with his friends and no one asked anything as Hoseok has already told them about Taehyung's phone call. After some idle chatting, they all went to their respective classes.

Taehyung was on his way to home with Namjoon when he got a text message.

Hi Taehyung. Jungkook just came to the university. I thought you might be worrying. He looks upset though. Hope nothing happened.

Yes. Taehyung has indeed been worring because the younger was not picking up his phone. But the text worried him more. What could have gone wrong this time??

After going home, Taehyung texted Jungkook.

Hi. I was waiting for you in the morning. Why didn't you come?

Kookie is everything ok??

You can take your time Kookie. It's ok. Just don't go anywhere this time.