fourteen - lunch time

Yajel

"I can handle myself Oscar", his shoulders tense and he closes his eyes for a moment.

"Come here", he grabs my chin lightly and I meet his stance, our lips colliding cautiously. As the kiss heats up his hand falls to base of my throat adding just enough pressure to evoke a moan from me.

"Mmm, Oscar don't start something you can't finish", his lips leave my lips to fall down my neck.

"Sweetheart...I can finish you off....and then some, I love when you say my name like that", he continues down to my collar bone and finds a particular spot that sends my eyes rolling back.

"But-", he nips my skin and stands back up, "when it happens it's not going to be just because you look exceptionally good."

"So you want me to be ugly?", I ask confused.

"No, just stay here for a second", he says and I sit back down. He exits the room and I find myself trying to cool down. That man sure knew how to rile me up, and it's not just the kissing. Sometimes he could be just talking to me about something and I would imagine all the things we could be doing together on the bed, on the counter, in the bathroom.

"He's gone!", he comes back irritated and grabbing his keys.

"Who?", I feign innocence looking up at his face.

"Cesar", he says walking out.

I follow behind him, waving smugly to the guy I punched on the way out. We get into his car and he speeds off with a huff, I laugh at his angry scowl.

"When I find him, I'm going to kill him and then I'm going kill Latrell", he says turning wildly at a green light.

"No you're not", I say calmly sticking my head out of the window.

In moments we are out front and I say my goodbye before stepping out. I make it just in time for second bell and walk into my English class.

The day continues to drag on, Cesar getting pulled up on is the talk of the school according to Monse. Olivia tells that Spooky took him to the beach and that he's "cute". All while I'm just ready to go home, I would kill for some stuffed pizza right now.

The final bell rings and I push past the bratty kids excited about their time at home. I throw in my headphones and head for my house, the walk is a lot less sunny than this morning. Or maybe I'm just not as happy.

A black suv is pulled into the driveway beside King's car. I put my hand on the back of my jeans to get a hold of my pocket knife.

I walk up to the door and put my key in the lock. The door opens to a dark house and I hear some shuffling just ahead in the living room. Hitting a light switch I almost scream.

King sits on a chair in the middle of the floor, bloodied, beaten, and barely conscious. Beside him stands a man in a black T-shirt and jeans.

"Princess so glad you could join us", his voice is so sickeningly familiar. All those speeches lecturing on how to be the best.

"What are you doing here?", I ask kicking off my shoes.

"Well King here tells me you two were supposed to have a family meeting, and how can you have a family meeting with out me?", he smiles a menacing grin and I decide right there he's not leaving this house alive.