fifteen - what happened?

Spooky

Yajel finally exits her front door, the house was loud with gunshots, screams, and arguments just a few days ago. If I hadn't been so tied up with Cesar shooting Latrell I would've been over there trying to figure out what's going on. Now the house was silent, Yajel took two days to come out of the house with bandages, scars, and four trash bags seeming to be full of nothing.

"Aye sweetheart! Where you been?", I yell across the yard walking towards her at the garbage can. She looked up at me and watched me cross the street, slowly put the bag in the can. When I see her face to face I can see that same anger from when we first met, menacing and cold.

"Busy, you kill that boy yet?", she answers in a hoarse voice, as if she's been screaming for hours on end.

"Cesar took care of it a little while ago, I expected you to be there", I scratched my head and followed her as she walked back into the house.

The dishes and cabinets were destroyed, plates smashed to pieces and blood splattered all over the place. If I didn't know who lived here I'd be sure it was a serial killer.

"What the fuck happened?", I gawk at what seems to be normal for her. King fumbles out of his own room a sling around his arm and bruises covering his face.

"Family meeting, it's all under control man", he looks over at Yajel who is furiously scrubbing at the blood on the walls, she mumbles under her breathe and continues to clean.

"Wanna grab something to eat? You guys look like you need it", I chuckled and King smiles.

"Yea sure thing", we both look at Yajel who now is tearing through the canvas on the wall with a knife.

"No thanks I'm not hungry", she breaks down the painting as if it is made of nothing and throws the remains into a bag.

"You haven't eaten in days I'm going to grab you a cheeseburger", King says.

She just huffs and stares at the wall, there slightly less blood but still enough to cause worry. Before I can watch her next move, King and I are out of the house and into my car.

"Look I usually don't get involved in other business but you guys are like new family, what the hell happened in there?", I ask when we reach a red light.

King laughs, "Yajel really tore up the place, but she did what had to be done. Let's get some food in my system and then I can explain the gory details."

-

Yajel

I finally got the last stain out of the carpet and stuck the sopping sponge into the bucket of bleach. The smell burned my nose but I didn't care, I needed to get rid of any reminder of what happened here.

"You'll never be rid of me my precious Yajel, my greatest achievement."

His voice rang in my ears distracting me from King and Oscar coming back into the house.

"Wow it looks a lot less post apocalyptic in here", Oscar says watching me carefully. I can't help but roll my eyes at his irritating concern.

"You bring my shit?", I ask nabbing the bag from King and finding a ton of fries and two burgers inside.

"I'm going to head out on some business, Spooky is going to babysit while I'm going", King says changing into some more comfortable shoes.

"And if you come back and this sponge is lodged down his throat then what?", I say with a chuckle, sometimes I crack myself up.

"Behave Yajel, take a pill you've been on edge for days", King snipes. Anger bubbles through me and before I know it I'm putting my food down and choking him against the wall.

"King watch yourself I'm not afraid to do it again", I cock a brow. He knows what I mean because he shuts up and I let go watching him carefully as he leaves.

I grab my food and sit on the freshly cleaned carpet gnawing at my fries and my first burger. Oscar calmly sits on couch behind me, staring around the house.

"You're making this shit awkward Oscar, speak your mind", I say opening my other burger. King may be annoying but he knows exactly how hungry I am .

"Did you really do it?", he asks. Oscar was scary, hell he'd killed his fair share of people but never someone in his family. Definitely not a slew of them in one evening.

"All five of them, not far from where I'm sitting", I completed the burger and wiped my mouth with a napkin.

"Yajel are you still on your medication? I'm sure that can't be healthy for you", he says.

"Oh it's not, I haven't slept in days. But thinking about it give me a feeling of completion, like there's nothing for me and King to worry about you know?", I raise my fry in a celebratory manner.