Chapter 3: Rapture

(^^^^^Art by me UwU^^^^)

-

America's POV (cont.)

"So... South, my guy," I lowered my shades a little, smirking, "caught you staring at that new girl. Got anything to confess?"

SK then proceeded to spit out the yogurt that he was eating, staring at me with an incredulous expression.

"Ame," he hacked a little, guess he accidentally choked on his yogurt too, "excuse my language but WHAT THE FUCK???!!!"

Oh yeah, he definitely has a crush.

"Come on, dude," I slapped a hand on his back while Aus was ooing and aaahing, much to SK's displeasure, "It's super obvious you like her."

"I do NOT!" SK yelled, face all red, before spinning around to whoever just tapped him on the shoulder, "WHAT???!!!"

One of the new kids stood there shocked, processing what happened. I think he scared SK too, wait what was his name again?

"Um," he gulped, "I'm not interrupting anything important, am I?"

SK sighed, "Nah, sorry about the whole... screaming thing."
"Oh actually, I came here to apologise to you," he laughed weakly, "about this morning and stuff. Yeah."

"It's fine."

Judging by his tone of voice, SK was lying.

"Oh! I'm Mongolia by the way," he said, holding out a hand before sharply retracting, "oh wait, you probably knew that already coz of earlier, my bad."

"Chill dude," SK sighed, "it's fine. I'm RoK but just call me South."
"Oh, sweet!" Mongolia smiled, before it became a bit strained, "Also, I hope this isn't a weird question but are you Mugunghwa on Youtube by any chance?"

Cue the second time SK choked on something today.

"Sorry," Mongolia winced, "I just recognised you from that channel."
"You actually KNOW my channel???" for once, SK looked really confused.

"Yeah! I subscribed a while ago, your songs and covers are super cool," Mongolia laughed a little, "actually you've kinda inspired me to pick up music again to be honest."

"Really?" SK's mouth gaped wide open, "Wow... I'm honoured."

Before Mongolia could respond, China burst in, looking kinda irritated, "There you are! Russia and Belarus were looking everywhere for you!"

"Ah, China," I sighed, "I trust your holidays were good? Mine definitely were since you weren't in the picture."

China merely rolled his eyes and scowled, "Piss off, Ame. Come on Mongolia, let's go now."

Mongolia gave a small wave as he was awkwardly pulled away, I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for the guy.

That feeling was cut off swiftly when I felt myself being tackled into a hug.

"America!" Squealed Philipia, "I haven't seen you in years!!"

"Philipia!" I laughed, "It's been ages! How have you and your family been doing?"

"Oh, they're fine," she said with a small wave of the hand, "but we've missed you a lot! It just became really difficult for us to give out any personal details in case... well..."

Philipia and her family had put a restraining order on Spain, it's why they moved. Honestly, I don't blame them considering what had happened before.

"It's fine," I reassured her, "just as long as you guys are safe then that's all the matters."

"But I'm so happy to see you again!" She squeezed me again, almost suffocating me with both her hug and the strong smell of jasmine flowers, dizzyingly sweet. I couldn't tell whether it was it was the lack of air, the perfume or the pretty girl in front me, but I felt my face grow hot and flushed.

"Me too," I choked the words out, "we should hang out more."
Philipia grinned, "I'd love that! But we should head back to class first, recess is almost over."
I blinked before straining to check my watch and untangling myself. She was right, class resumed in a couple of minutes.

"Shit," I muttered before grabbing her by the hand, "let's go then!"

-

Russia's POV:

Mr. EU's voice seemed to drone on and on for ages, making me super tired. The irony was that I was actually looking forward to his surprise announcement since it took up some of the time that was meant to be for maths, but now there didn't seem to be much of a difference. Then I felt a rapid tapping on my head.

"Psst!" China whispered, "Russia, wake up!"

"Gngh?" I groaned, groggily rubbing my eyes, feeling irritated, only to see two forms thrusted into my face. One was a permission slip for the upcoming school dance, and another was an information slip regarding school captain elections and applying as a candidate.

"So, what do you think?" China grinned, "wanna try and run together?"

I pondered for a moment. On one hand, as school captain or vice captain, there would be extra responsibilities and tasks to add on top of the expected school workload. Add that on top of countless younger siblings and a super busy father, you got a recipe for endless, sleepless nights. But, this also gave an opportunity to practice running your own country. Not only would it look good on a resume, but also gave you something that would be difficult to obtain here for a newcomer like me.

Power.

I looked China dead in the eye before replying, 

"Hell yes."

-

A/N: Huehuehue, what do you think? Will the school captain elections run smoothly? Did I make some stupid mistake? Lemme know and I shall see you all later (  >wO)/ ・:*:・