Chapter 9: Catharsis

America's POV:

School was different the next day.

"Ame," Philipia sobbed as she was rocked in Vietnam's arms, "Why?"

The memory from that night stuck with me over the weekend as guilt slowly lapped at my being. I shook my head as I tried to refocus on the whiteboard in front of me. Maths was one of my worst subjects and I couldn't afford to let my grades drop any further. It proved to be futile as Ms. BRICS's words ended up slipping through one ear and right out the other regardless of any attempt made for them to latch on.

With a huff, I raised my hand, "Ms!"

"Yes, Ame?"

"May I go to the bathroom," I still remember being scolded for using 'can' instead of 'may', "please?"

"Very well, be quick," She said before returning to scribbling equations on the board with a black marker, the felt tip squeaking against the whiteboard.

I took my time walking down the hallways, unusually quiet due to most people being in class during this time. Sometimes, it's nice to just have some peace and quiet to yourself, away from the bustling crowds. People can be tiring. A few seconds later, I had arrived at my destination, pushing the door open and heading to the faucet. Gently, I set my sunglasses to the side before splashing my face with cold water flowing from the tap. My mind felt... blank as I vigorously scrubbed my face with my hands, taking a moment to breathe as cool water dripped down my face. I just wanted to forget what had happened, wash away the guilt that's been rubbed onto me, but it felt impossible. Grabbing a paper towel, I wiped away the excess water that was obscuring my vision before taking a good look in the mirror. A flash of red against the wall caught the corner of my eye, the figure freezing like a deer caught in the headlights. China. Red clouded my vision as I ripped him away from the door handle he tried so hard to keep his grasp on. Harshly, I pinned him against the wall, choking him. I wanted him to scream, I wanted him to beg for mercy that was beyond his reach now. I wanted him to PAY  for what he did to Philipia.

"A-ame!" China choked, "W-"

I didn't bother letting him finish before I socked him in the jaw.

-

Russia's POV:

I cursed as I tried to navigate the halls, the school being more akin to a labyrinth. I needed to get to the bathroom. Fast.

"Nakonets!" I exclaimed as that blessed sign came into view, picking up the pace to a sprint as I swung the door open. To my shock, Ame was there, pinning China to the ground. I couldn't even think before I ran towards them and-

-

America's POV:

I felt a sharp pull before being dragged off China, coughing violently after my hands weren't wrapped around his throat.

"GET OFF ME!" I struggled as I felt a pair of arms tightly wrap around me, causing me to thrash around. I grunted as I was thrown to the ground, watching in a daze as Russia ran to where China was.

"Kitay," he muttered, gently patting his back, "you ok?"

I snarled, "Why the fuck are you defending that monster?"

"Monster?" Russia scoffed, "What? You buy that bullshit everyone's spewing?"

"What the-" I was taken aback at that, "what the fuck do you even mean?"

"Have you considered the fact that you're only hearing one side of the story?" Russia sneered, "You act like you're the personification of justice and go on beating some guy up coz of some baseless rumours you hear!"

"Oh please!" I scoffed, "You're only defending him because he's your friend!"

"Like you weren't either!" Russia roared, making me flinch a little, "Don't fucking deny it, Ame, we all know you both used to be best friends."

"E-eluosi," China gulped, "Please just, just leave it-"

"SHUT UP! BACK THEN HE WAS JUST AS SCUMMY! YOU JUST USED ME!" I yelled at China, feeling satisfaction as I saw him shrink into the insignificant insect he is.

But then, he straightened his back, ignoring the blood staining his once pristine uniform. "You're right," China choked, "But I just wanted your dad to stop drugging mine."

A choked sob further grabbed my attention as China's panting dissolved into muffled whimpers.

"FUCK YOU!" he cried, "YOUR FAMILY TORE MINE APART!!"

 Then the dam broke, and tears flooded through the bathroom, echoing off the walls as we all drowned.

-

Third Person POV:

The lad sighed as he finally locked up the room. China took a glance at his watch, 1:54pm, enough time for a quick bite. Making his way to the cafeteria, China groggily rubbed at his drooping eyes, inadvertently bumping into someone else.

"Oh! Kuya China!"

Any thoughts he had that were tainted with malice or grief dissipated when he looked down to see Philipia's mismatched eyes staring back.

"I'm so sorry about that," he blanched, "I haven't been sleeping well recently."

"It's fine, don't worry about it," Philipia laughed, waving a hand in dismissal.

Now's your chance you idiot, even Heaven has given you a chance.

"Uh, actually," China gulped, averting his gaze away from Philipia's intense eyes, "I was wondering if, uh..."

Any words he had seemed to disappear as China felt himself being dragged into the whirlpools of her eyes.

"Yes?"

"Willyougotothedancewithme????" China squealed, squeezing his eyes shut as he cringed at his tone.

But Philipia simply cocked her head to the side and gave a smile, "I'd love to."

-

AN: Hi lovelies~!! So sorry for taking so long (o-o )" I've been very busy recently (school suuuuuuuuuuuuckssssssssss) but I'll do my best to get the next chapter out sooner ÒwÓ

TYSM for 1.3K reads tho!! I didn't think we'd get this far but here we are!

For now, I hope you're all staying clean and safe. Stay indoors as much as you can, hopefully we can just wait for this to all blow over ^^"

Until next time~~