Chapter 4: Meili de Molihua

(Timeskip because I'm lazyyyyy oop)

-

Russia's POV

-

"Dude! These posters look AWESOME!" China cackled whilst the printer whirred on in the background, "They'll totally vote for us now!"

"Uh, how much longer are you guys gonna use that?"

I turned around to see one of our classmates, Indonesia I think, tapping his foot impatiently whilst clutching a laptop.

"I kinda need to print something," he added.

I rolled my eyes, "Relax tovarishch. You're gonna have to wait though, we've only printed five out of 100 posters."

"100?!" He sputtered, almost dropping his laptop out of sheer shock, "Why on earth would you need so many??"

"Eh," I shrugged before taking a swig out of my totally-non-alcoholic bottle, "reasons."

"Ugh, seriously?" Indonesia furrowed his brow as his knuckles grew white, "you can't just hog the school printer when you feel like it! Other people need to use it too!"

I was about to retort with a growl when I saw China put a finger up.

"Look, we're sorry about inconveniencing you," he stated calmly before fishing out ten bucks from his pockets, "so take this as compensation, there's a printing place right next to school."

Indonesia huffed in annoyance, thanking China and taking the money before promptly leaving.

"Dude, surely that's way more than needed to print something," I scoffed before taking another swig.

China shrugged, "Indo already dislikes me quite a bit, and in a school this small every vote counts. It's annoying, but it works in the end."

I pondered on that for a moment. China had a point, kindness breeds kindness, and this was the sort of stuff that could make you more likeable.

"Woah..."

I jumped a little as I felt someone breath over my neck.

'These are so cool," Philipia said in awe, "did you guys make them?"

Judging by China's face, it seems he was in shock too and- wait a second, is that a blush?!

"Oh, yeah!" He was quick to regain his usual smug demeanour, albeit his smile was kinda different, "Why? You want one or something?"

Philipia beamed, "I'd love that!"
China and I were kinda surprised by that, but nonetheless China handed her one. Eagerly.

"You're China and Russia, right?" She asked with a coy smile.

"Of course!" I slurred slightly, (I knew I should've watered it down more), "The two and only!"

Philipia giggled, "I'll take your word for it!"

"Pardon but," China cleared his throat as his face grew redder and redder, "is that a jasmine flower you're wearing by any chance?"

Philipia smiled as she gently brushed past the flower on her head with her fingers, "Why yes! Although back home we call these ones sampaguita."

"Sampaguita..." China echoed, "We call them molihua, there's a really famous song about them actually."

"Really? I'd love to hear it one day!" Philipia's eyes sparkled until she took a glance at her watch and frowned a little, "I'd love to talk more but... My parents are expecting me home soon. How about we exchange phone numbers and talk later, hm?"

"Sure!" China practically shoved his phone into her face, much to her amusement, "Just type yours in and you'll be able to see mine via text."

Philipia stuck out her tongue a little as she started tapping at the screen and handed China's phone back with a smile, "Done!"
"I guess we'll see you tomorrow then?" He asked, almost timidly.

"Yeah!" Her eyes lit up, "But text me later, ok?"
"Of course!" China said with a wave of the hand, "We'll see you around then."
"Yeah, bye guys~!" Philipia gave a small wave before running to wherever she had to go.

Philipia seemed like an interesting person to be honest, a little too cheery for my taste though. A small sigh brought me back to reality, and a grin creeping on my face.

"Dude."

"Hm?" China hummed as he stared into nothingness, "What?"

"You like her, don't you?" I smirked.

"W-well," he coughed a little, "she seems nice enough."
"No, you like-like her," I purred, grinning from ear to ear, "finally! It took you long enough!"
"Aiya, ni bi zui!" He exclaimed, (playfully) smacking my arm.

"Come on, dude," I laughed, "everyone knows you can do anything except get laid!"

"RUSSIA SHUT UP!!"

-

Philipia's POV

-

I hummed an old folk melody while skipping down the street from school. I wanted to at least go home with Ame, but he had to go to the baseball tryouts today and God knows how much he loves baseball. School was pleasant today, and the people seemed lovely. I brushed a hand across some daisies sprouting from a garden, thinking. For someone with such a loathsome reputation, China sure did seem like a genuinely nice person. My thoughts were interrupted by a buzz in my pocket. One notification showed a text (as expected) and another being a missed phone call. I stopped for a second to unlock my phone and call back, my mother gets worried pretty easily.

"Inay?"

"Philipia, is everything ok-"

"Wag po kayo mag alala papunta na ako sa bahay," I sighed with a smile, "I'm gonna hang up now, ok? I'm almost home and we can talk more then."

"Ok, take care sweetie."

"I will Inay, I'll see you then," I gave her a second to say bye back before hanging up.

I took a moment to take in the scenery, feeling the breeze before smiling. 

I couldn't wait for tomorrow.

-

AN: Dun dun DUNNNNNNN!! Drama! Romance! Could there be bloodshed? Anywho, sorry for another short chapter, but I hope you guys enjoyed anyways! What do you think will happen? Is there something weird that I wrote? Lemme know and I shall see you around! *Poof!*